Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuscore Troubleshooting Help!

So a quick background...Recently bought a 10 lane bowling alley that had sat closed for 13years...I know basic electrical troubleshooting (5 years in the Navy as an Aviation Electrician on EA-6B's) I believe the machines are accuscore plus...Every single scoreing stations fuse was blown in the EMI filters...found new fuses and did some trouble shooting and found that each machine had at least 1 of the monitor transformers bad that was blowing the fuses...Here is my actual issues still that I need some guidance on...2 of the stations keyboards used to light up and make the beeping noises...now they light up but as soon as you push a key the lights go out...i have tried flipping boards around and still cant get it to stop doing that...anyone have an idea? Plus a good site for parts would be awesome!

The isolation transformers (one for each lower monitor) have been known to go bad, but usually takes an electrical event - perhaps a lightning hit. That would also explain the lane computer on the back wall (curtain wall chassis - CWC for short) not booting up to recognize the keyboard.
    Type 'on' on all of the keyboards and see if the overhead monitor shows the AMF logo on any of them. If so, chances are, those CWC are OK.
    What is at the desk to run the scoring? Is there a big blue box near the managers control switches? Is there a computer in the office that has a label "Advantage"?
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

We do have a big blue box at the front desk...not all hooked up and only has 2 cables going to it plus a power cord...the office computer wouldn't even turn on and the hard drive had nothing on it...lanes 1-4 keyboards will come on when power is applied to the scoreing system, but as soon as you push a button the lights turn off the keyboards...5-6 keyboard lights flicker when power is applied or taken off...and I haven't gotten to 7-10 yet...lanes 1-4 used to make a beep noise before I replaced the transformers for the monitors...

Comment

Originally posted by CMOlson
        We do have a big blue box at the front desk...not all hooked up and only has 2 cables going to it plus a power cord...the office computer wouldn't even turn on and the hard drive had nothing on it...lanes 1-4 keyboards will come on when power is applied to the scoring system, but as soon as you push a button the lights turn off the keyboards...5-6 keyboard lights flicker when power is applied or taken off...and I haven't gotten to 7-10 yet...lanes 1-4 used to make a beep noise before I replaced the transformers for the monitors...
        Damn - if all of the CWC's had blown fuses, that's really not a good sign. As far as the blue box (LIU), 2 cables (I'm assuming flat ribbon cable) makes sense - that unit addresses 8 lanes per cable - one ain't enough Usually if you have a keypad that does what you describe, it's 1. the keypad or 2. the bowler terminal board (the keypad plugs directly into this board). Sounds like this place was either the recipient of a major power surge or a direct hit from above.

What state are you located?

I'm sending you a PM.

Jon
        I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

So the box in the back on the wall (5 of them) by the pin setters is that the cwc? The fuses that were blown are the ones where the keyboards and monitors are sitting at the front of the lanes...now the boxes in the back only lanes 1-6 have the red run light and green communication light going 7-10 don't have any lights....I am in western Washington also...I will give you a call in the next couple days when I get back to the alley....

Comment

The fuses you call the keyboard fuses are for the lower monitors. The keyboard fuses are actually breakers on the curtain wall chassis. Since you are losing comm to the keyboards, the power supplies in the CWC may be bad, or look at the breaker next to the bowler terminal power plug on the left side of the CWC. It pushes in to reset. Also, if the battery backup on the CWC motherboard is dead, depending on the model, it could cause a fail to boot.
            The top LED on the CWC is the communications. The green is the CPU running. Sounds like someone may have sabatoged the Advantage office computer. You won't get the top LED to work without the office computer running.
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X