Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuscore XL LCD-Monitor Standby/BOSS Communication

Hi there,
    I just finished installing two 27" Benq LCDs on one of our pair of lanes, all other lanes still use the CRTs, so it is the first time for us. Basically, everything works fine, but I wonder if I could make the LCDs go into standby mode after turning lanes off via BOSS. So far, they remain in on-state. This obviously results from the option "Video Mode"-> "Blank State" in BOSS. In BOSS, there is also an option to turn monitor power off, which works fine, but, unfortunately, not automatically.

So,

1. Is there any possibilty to trigger the LCDs to turn into Standby while not in use?
    2. If not, I would appreciate to have our own merchandising logo on the screens, instead of blank state. Anyone knows, where to put it on the BOSS PC and how to format it? It is BOSS 6, if I remember correctly...

Appreciate your help. From Germany

Denyo

You should use the old overhead monitor control board to turn off the power. Leavt the lane comm cable plugged in, as well as the power supply from the receptacle. You'll have to change the left and right power out cables from this box to put a receptacle on them for your countries plug style - like a female extension cord end.
    Then you'll have monitor on and off control fronmt he desk like the normal.
    What is important here is that you pick replacement TVs that can be set to revert to the state they were in in case of power outage. If the TVs are capable of this, it will be accessable with the remote in the menu - setup. Each manufacurer will have this option in their own menu location.
    Turning off the power with the desk, as far as the new TVs go, will be like a power outage. So you want them to come back on in the state they were in when the power went out. SO when you give out a lane, the power returns and they come on with the score signal active through the ribbon cable - to the VGA input.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Thanks Ted, that already works fine. I only wondered if I could somehow manage to turn out tv power automatically instead of manually via boss. Alternatively, I would like the tvs to display merchandising, which is basically simple, but Boss does not seem to remember to put the lanes into merchandising state and always returns to blank state (black screen) after turning lanes off. I wonder how to make it permanent...

Comment

Merchandising is still capable with the BOSS, same as it was before. Off state can still be blank, power off, or one of the merchandising options through BOSS. The monitor control board will switch the monitors to score, or power back on, when a lane is given out. Lane options haven't changed. I did the same thing in Saugerties, NY and it works fine.

The only thing you are doing is changing the monitor itself.

You can only change the video merchandising logged in as owner or manager. But the lane options should be able to change the display to one of these 3 states.
        Highlight them all, select the green lane options button, on the actions tab, you'll find video merchandising options mentioned above.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
        Working...
        X