Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuscore+ CWC Model numbers

Earlier this week we had a lightning strike that took down one of our CWCs. The one it took down was a 7350. The two spares i had were both 7150. So i took the last 7350 in line which was on 5-6 and put it on the affected pair 19-20. (Our comm line starts at the last pair of the house). Came in the other morning and the system was in standalone. Found 19-20s eprom was all lit up solid. So i rebooted it and all was fine. I kept the same eprom originally and thought maybe the eprom was fried as well so put a good eprom in. This morning i walked in and same thing standalone with eprom lit up solid. I rebooted it and let it run a while. Then i got to thinking what if someone in the past swapped motherboards out and the original cwc i had that was working on 5-6 was really a 7150 and by luck i had it in the right spot originally where it should be. So i went to the next pair 7-8 and swapped its 7350 chassis with my problem pair 19-20. I got them both hooked up and booted and now the comm light on the cwcs is flashing as fast as it used to before the strike. I kept an eye on the comm light during the week and could tell it just wasn't communicating as often as it used to. So that's how i knew i had a 7150 board in a 7350 housing. After that long history, my question is, is there a software command like SV in standalone mode that can tell you what version cwc chassis your running (7150, 7350, or 7500) without opening it up and looking at the board and possibly voiding a repair warranty as a result of opening it?

Thanks,
    Brian

There is a plate on the bottom of the CWC stamped 7150, 7350, or 7500

I would highly doubt that covers have been switched

19/20 7350 > 1/2 7150

Make it go in sequence and your issues should go away

Comment

I've never had a problem interchanging 7150's with 7350's. The only real difference in them is the 7350 has a mod. installed to correct a problem with some W-G monitors - the colors would be screwed up. The only real problem you should have is if you have a 7500 CWC mixed in with 7150's & 7350's - 7500's should always go at the beginning of the comm. line. Check the power supply in the CWC - it should read 5.0 - 5.1 volts max. If it's in the 4V range, power supply is going bad - this will cause problems.

Why is the beginning of your comm. line starting at the end of the line? I've never been comfortable with that setup.

This is a 7350 with the cover removed.

Note the small board that basically made a 7150 into a 7350.

Theres a better than average chance the warranty if long gone anyway. I've never used 'if you break this seal' type stickers - it's YOUR equipment, if you want to see what's inside - go for it. BUT don't do that to anything that's actually under warranty - it pizzes them off.

Jon
      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Also, Jon, in the original 7350, I was told the ground wire from the power input, and one after the xformer secondary weren't hooked to the chassis frame. The mod grounded everything to the frame.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I forgot about that Ted!

Comment

Brian
            Been there. More than once. Lightning is frighting for electronics. A few million rogue volts......wreak havoc.
            And makes no sense. It can "skip" around. CWC's. 1-4 are OK. 5-6,23-24 fried,7-8, 15-16 and 13-14 do stupid stuff. Get the idea? Suspect everything.
            71's and 73's play well together. 7500's mucked it up.
            Are the eproms all the same V?
            Go Pirates

Comment

Lightning spikes can travel through one phase of 3 phase primaries taking out things only on that part of the panel. Ground hits can energize the ground if nearby and nothing can protect the electronics as the voltage comes in through the ground. This happened in an 80 lane center, hit a tree and took out ALL the AMF time delays in Brunswick machines with ASII. No machines would cycle, and AMF didn't have replacements!
              Can happen to anyone.
              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Eproms are the same version.

Comment

Jon, as far as why the comm line starts at the end of the house, I'm not sure. If I had to guess i would say because it's a 26 lane center with the front counter sitting behind lanes 17-18. I'd prefer for the commline to start at one but stuck with it the way it is.
                  As far as reading the voltage, is that being read where the power supply connects at the board or right at the output of the transformer?

Comment

What difference does it make which pair is first inline for the comm cable home run? I've installed a hundred AMF scoring systems and we always ran the home run to the pair most convenient. It matters not. The place will run just as well if 1 and 2 is first or 25 and 26 is first.
                    jim8230

Comment

Originally posted by AMF Brian
                      Jon, as far as why the comm line starts at the end of the house, I'm not sure. If I had to guess i would say because it's a 26 lane center with the front counter sitting behind lanes 17-18. I'd prefer for the commline to start at one but stuck with it the way it is.
                      As far as reading the voltage, is that being read where the power supply connects at the board or right at the output of the transformer?
                      Check the voltage at the red & black wires where they plug into the main board - it's the most convenient place.

OK on the homerun cable - it just messes with my noggin for some reason...

Comment

Originally posted by jim8230
                        What difference does it make which pair is first inline for the comm cable home run? I've installed a hundred AMF scoring systems and we always ran the home run to the pair most convenient. It matters not. The place will run just as well if 1 and 2 is first or 25 and 26 is first.
                        I've dealt with a lot of centers that have the comm. line coming in 'backwards' and they do indeed work. It just defies logic to me - since the front desk computer is looking for 1..2..3..4..etc. in ascending order. Deb would be the one to tell me if my line of thinking is wrong - it wouldn't be the first time!

Comment

Our place a 36 lane center is also ran backwards because the back office computer with the homerun box is behind 33. I guess the installation crew at the time did not wish to take the in the attic rafters trip from the of front 33 to the curtain wall of 1. They went 36 and 18. But anyway if you unplug the homerun cable at 18 then plug it back in it does initialize comm at 1 and move up the line to 18 as they re-establish comm.
                          I wonder if this makes for a you better have perfect comm because it has to go through all the boxes to get to the first one that it wanted?
                          70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                          Prolane Walker sport

Comment

We had the best of both worlds at my old place with 64 lanes split, so we obviously had 2 comm lines. The BO setup was in the center of the place towards the lower numbered lanes of the low side (near 7 & 8 or so) and the higher numbered lanes of the high side (pretty much right by 63 & 64, and yes the 2 sides were offset from each other by 8 lanes or so) so the comm lines ran from 1-32 and 64-33. I never noticed any difference in comm issues or even speed as they came online. Everything was always pretty even. One would think with the comm running from high to low it would be slower and act up more often but I never saw any real issues or difference in my 11 years there
                            Last edited by Rep; 08-12-2012, 06:34 AM.
                            All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by jim8230 View Post
                              I know it doesn't matter on which end the commline comes in as far as functionality is concerned, since when a command is issued it actually travels through all the units and only the unit with the correct address is going to carry out the selected command. It's more or less the concept in my head that beginning would be the lowest number, that's all.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X