TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuscore + Scoring problems

I have a problem child pair. First the BT would lock up, replaced BT board. The following week it would randomly quit scoring, which turned out to be a bared J9 cable.. Now.... On 13-14 ONLY if a strike is thrown on 13 it will give a strike to that bowler and immediately put up a strike for the following bowler. I am at a loss on this one. In the process of locating the other problems all other scoring components have been swapped to other lanes. I have A-2's with the tower switches. I have traced all the wires from the tower switches in to the k-1 base. Any ideas other then making it our new walkway to the back? :-)
    You don't have to be viscious, petty-minded and mean to be a mechanic... but it sure does help

So this problem doesn't follow the CWC?
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

No it doesn't.
      You don't have to be viscious, petty-minded and mean to be a mechanic... but it sure does help

Comment

I tried to replicate that in my shop - the only way I can get it to do what you are talking about is to double trigger the camera and even that won't happen unless there is a few seconds between triggers and the second bowlers name has to be highlighted before it will put up a score.

My guess is something to do with the trigger or tower switch. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the tower switches on a masher.

Comment

I originally swapped tower switch assemblies with another lane as well as all the other components. So just my luck the one that I put on 13 from 11 went bad from moving them (makes no sense). I just put 2 new tower switches on the machine and bowler 7 games and didn't double strike once. I dislike the tower switches with a passion. I'm a fan of the BOSS and Brunswick setup with the 44/144, try aren't near as picky as these switches

Comment

Glad to hear you got it going!

Jon

Comment

The issue is the adjustments for the tower switches. If you get the switches adjusted backwards, strikes will give the next bowler a strike also. This is how:

1. Bowler throws a strike and electronic triggering pulls K1 relay. This tells the camera to take a picture, signals the time delay module to cycle the machine after a delay and latches the K1 relay in a closed position.
              2. The rake begins to fall...either by the ball striking the cushion or the pinsetter cycling. Makes no difference which...
              3. Before the rake fell...the tower switches were holding the latching circuit closed for the K1 relay and waiting to tell the camera to take a picture. As the rake falls, the proper sequence for the tower switches is for the switch to tell the camera to take a picture to close...as this circuit is already closed on the K1 relay, nothing changes to that circuit. The next tower switch now opens...and it was keeping the K1 relay latched closed. Because the tower switch opens...the K1 relay will now let go. This does 3 things. The time delay module circuit is switched back to watching the trigger switch in the electrical box, the circuit for the latching of the relay is reset and lastly, the contacts that tell the camera to take a picture are opened. Because the tower switch that tells the camera to take a picture is closed already...there is still no change to that circuit. The circuit is still closed and will remain that way until the rake rises.
              4. Now for the issue you are seeing. Because the tower switches are adjusted backwards, the tower switch that unlatches the K1 relay will open first. This allows the same things to happen as above...with one exception. The contacts that tell the camera to take a picture open...but the tower switch that tells the camera to take a picture is not closed yet...so the CWC (camera) thinks the pinsetter has returned to its starting position. At this point...that would be OK...but now the tower switch that tells the camera to take a picture closes...creating a second signal for the camera to take a picture...and it does. Because the pinsetter is still on 1st ball and the next bowler that would be up would of course be on 1st ball...the CWC understands that the request is a valid request...has the camera take the picture as it should...does not see any pins and registers a strike...for the next bowler.
              5. One last thing to help understand this...why doesn't it score twice any time a strike is not thrown? Because the next ball that would be thrown if a strike was not registered would need to be a second ball...but the moment the tower switch closes to tell the camera to take a picture...the pinsetter is still on 1st ball. This signal is ignored by the CWC as it knows that it should not score if the bowler is on their second ball but the pinsetter is on first ball.

I hope that all makes sense in explaining why you were seeing the extra strike pop up on the monitor.

Now...how should the tower switches be adjusted? Determine which tower switch unlatches the K1 relay and which tower switch is used to tell the camera to take a picture. In a couple of centers, I have marked the tower switch actuator with a C for the camera switch to indicate which is which. Using the adjustment screws with the rake all the way up, adjust the camera switch so there is 1/16" gap between the adjustment screw and the tip of the switch it pushes against to activate the switch. The other switch should be adjusted so there is a 1/8" gap. Lastly, you should be sure the trigger switch in the electrical box is adjusted properly to avoid fail to trigger situations during foul/10th frame/no-tap cycling needs. Set the machine to about 45 degrees. This should get you to the point that the rake board has just reached its "guard" position. Verify that the rake board is down all the way. Back the gear box up until the rake board is 2" higher. Adjust the trigger switch so that it just changes state at this point. This will allow the time delay enough time to discharge the 1000 mfd capacitor before the CWC sees the tower switch (camera) open telling it that the pinsetter has reached the end of its cycle. This is when the CWC will send the signal to cycle the machine again during a foul/10th frame/no-tap situation.

I hope this helps those with tower switches in how and why the tower switches do their job.
              Last edited by Steve Stafford (JBEES); 12-14-2012, 07:52 PM.
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

MP Chassis Tester

Good morning,
              I have built a tester for the MP Chassis for the 82-70 machines. Instead of using the cam switches
              I am using relays. My question is to anyone that may...

Preventative Maintenance - As, Jets, A2s - LEDs

Those of you looking for new LED lighting ideas may want to check out this site. Lots of stuff.

www.ledsupply.com...

4:1 Timing off..

*sigh* Hello friends..

I had a 4:1 go bad and I've never seen or done one before. Trying to search the depths of the forums, YouTube videos, it didn't seem too bad....

Adapting the Bluffton end cap & terminal board kit to Franklin BE (and FE) motors.

Left a rant about this in the bowling forum…

I’ve already repaired a a number of Franklin FE motors using the Bluffton-style end cap and terminal board kit (090-004-582)....

Turret clutch rebuild

At what thickness do you replace the clutch face.
              Is there a minimum dimension from the clutch face to the rivet.

Thanks...

Solderless relay conversion

Is anyone running the solderless relays on the accelerators? How do you like them? What brand? How difficult to convert was it? Would love the feed back as I'm about to switch...
              Working...
              X