Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS-90C; CCD processor freezing; no scoring

We have a situation where we are scoring and triggering fine, and then the AS-90C CCD processor freezes; no scoring at all. When it happens both pinsetters continue triggering fine (brunswick brown dual led trigger box with Brunswick ETU board.

When it freezes, i can see on the camera tester what the last shot was that scored, but no current shots. Live image is good, but i get no state changes on the ball detect/ or 44/144 switches or zero switches, if i push in on those switches or pass my hand across the beam. Now, if i unplug and plug back in the J1 on CCD processor power board, we are back in business. So when it happens, It acts as if the ball doesnt trigger, or as if machine doesnt cycle.

We've changed the ccd processor (first its power supply, then the ccd processor board itself - recalibrated camera, scores fine until it freezes). Also swapped the io/cpu tray to known working pair, changed the 28vac transformer on the AS90 AC board, and swapped the two 24VACand two 110vac plug in relays on the AC board. Goes along fine for about an hour, then freezes. Unplug and replug ccd processor, works fine.

We haven't changed the AS90 AC board itself. I cleaned all those connectors.

Don't see any wiring cabling issues, but who know?. One other clue, the ball lights are flickering (sometimes) on the right lane. If i have some sort of grounding issue in the right lane electrical box, would it freeze the ccd processor? How do i locate that one? lol.

Needs some help on this one!
    thanks
    Rob

That flickering ball light may be the problem. I have AS/80's here and a flickering 1-2 ball light will cause funny scoring or fail to score. Have you checked the adjustment for the 1-2 ball light micro switch? The switch itself could be going bad and causing the flickering. I have also had a broken wire in the canon plug for the 1-2 light on top of the electrical box cause scoring problems. I'm not familiar with your cameras but I'd be checking out those flickering lights first.

Comment

We found a loose ground connection in the main A2 electrical box, where all the ground conductors land. Hoping that was the issue!

Comment

Well tightening that loose ground didn't fix it lol....no blinking ball lights though. Same as before, unplug and replug J1, 28vac input and it runs fine for a while.... Going to swap out ac power tray next...and .... Maybe look for a loose wire in the NPS box

Comment

Just to finish off this mystery from several weeks ago, it was the camera that was causing us issues. Swapped camera out a few weeks ago, and its behaved ever since, knock on wood. I just didn't suspect the camera, based on the tester showing (when it suddenly stopped scoring) no state changes on the ball detect/ or 44/144 switches or zero switches, but my live image was still good on the tester. Oh well, I learned something new i guess! Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for posting a solution to your problem.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Preventative Maintenance - Vector HD Problem

Tried to help a friend out at my old center with an electrical problem. 24 Brunswick Jetbacks, Serial 3000, no TDM with Vector HD Scoring which I know nothing about other than...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...
            Working...
            X