• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why foul(F mark) appear ?

Hello, I'm using the Brunswick machine

Fouls appear on overhead once in a while F mark

Then, the order of the game will be wrong

Please help me why fouls appear when there is no foul lane.

not using foul rules ?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Do you hear a prominent buzzing noise before each time you see the "F" on the screen?

Possibly you have the reflectors on one side of the foul line (underneath the end gutter capping) misaligned, or vise-versa (the infra-red component in the foul unit aimed at the reflector is misaligned).

Could you give us more technical details about what make/model foul units & scoring system your bowling center has?
    Where's Mrs. Pisses?

Comment

If you dont want fouls scored, then disconnect the cable that connects the foul lights to the scoring.
      Either at the scanner/DA board, or at the foul unit itself.
      I dont think there is a way to turn them off on AS-80/90s.

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie8662 View Post
        If you dont want fouls scored, then disconnect the cable that connects the foul lights to the scoring.
        Either at the scanner/DA board, or at the foul unit itself.
        I dont think there is a way to turn them off on AS-80/90s.
        No there isn't anyway to turn them off. If your USBC lane certifiers(inspectors) do their job properly foul light functionality is tested during recertification.

If the foul cable is damaged underground it won't matter if you unplug it from the foul light, Don't know if you have subway or underground capping, but I have seen cables damaged at the bottom of the scanner and at the foul light where the cable hangs above the return track mostly on subway returns because the clearance is minimal there.

If the foul light is going off intermittently by itself that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jim_long View Post

No there isn't anyway to turn them off. If your USBC lane certifiers(inspectors) do their job properly foul light functionality is tested during recertification.
          This guy (mumu) is in Korea. I don't think the United States Bowling Congress will be paying him any visits. I can't speak about the Korean Bowling Congress (if they even have such a thing over there).

If all he's got is open bowling & parties & such, with no actual sport affiliations involved, then he should just disconnect the cables & (depending on his scoring system) go into the scorer options at the front desk and deselect the "F" symbol that arrives in the frames when fouls ocurr.
          Where's Mrs. Pisses?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blister View Post

This guy (mumu) is in Korea. I don't think the United States Bowling Congress will be paying him any visits. I can't speak about the Korean Bowling Congress (if they even have such a thing over there).

If all he's got is open bowling & parties & such, with no actual sport affiliations involved, then he should just disconnect the cables & (depending on his scoring system) go into the scorer options at the front desk and deselect the "F" symbol that arrives in the frames when fouls ocurr.
            From what I understand he has AS-80 or 90's scorers that don't have that facility to shut off foul detection. Foul detection on AS series scoring was required by ABC, what USBC does is anyone's guess.

My view point is if the equipment is supposed to have that functionality, make it work right.

Comment

We have AS80 scoring with Brunswick Astroline foul lights. Our foul lights are controlled by switches at the front counter one for each pair. We can turn them on for league or shut them off for open play.There are also breakers at the back controlling each bank of 6 pair. If there is no actual foul detection with the buzzer going off and indicator lamps being illuminated then it's probably a defective PCB. It can be pulled and swapped with another pair to confirm or the board can be left disconnected altogether if you aren't using the foul system. There is also a fuse in each unit that can be removed to disable the system.

Comment

The way the Astro foul board was designed was that the relay on the foul board for that lane was driven from the indicator bulb circuit, so that when the indicator bulb was on so was the on board relay for the foul signal to the scoring system. So, if you are not getting a foul indication light at the foul light yet you get a foul at the scorer then chances are that the cable that runs from the scanner to the foul light is damaged.

If you have problems with the astro foul boards triggering all by themselves start replacing ALL the tantalum capacitors on the board, ALL of them!

Comment

If this is a AS80 with 79 scanners, I once had a bad D/A board do this.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Black Consoles

I got tired of the black consoles braking and they look bad.so I made my own....

Deck knocking pins over on new racks (Need help ASAP)

I am still very new to working on a2s first off.

We started having this issue on tuesday where when the pinsetter goes to spot a new set of pins, a few of them fall...

Express Model B 40 lanemachine

Can somebody give an explaniton how pins 2, 3, 6 are supposed to be connected. I had a shortcircuit there for the drive motor connection because of water leakage.

82-70 Distributor belt pulling to the side.

I have a distributor that is pulling the belt hard to the left in the nine pin position (and possibly 6 pin), but seems fine in the other spots. As you can see the residue and...

82-90 XLi Pin Elevator

I have several Pin Elevators that I believe to be out of round on my XLi's and was curious if anyone has ever run across this before and is so, what you did about it.
                  I'm...
                  Working...
                  X