Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help ID a scoring system? "Oh dear missed"!

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse

TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID a scoring system? "Oh dear missed"!

Hi all - I'm trying to find out what scoring system a particular image came from. The only version of it I can find is a sticker someone made: https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.1146...,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

The system would show this on the TVs for gutter balls or other zeros.

I used to bowl at an alley that had this system back around 2005, and the alley closed right around then. The scoring system was probably a few years old but I don't remember it being decrepit by any means. The alley closed because the larger building it was in was being demolished - not because there was anything particularly wrong with the alley.

Anybody know specifically what system this came from??

I have a new two lane "residential" setup with an older Brunswick Vector scoring system repurposed for it. Im just starting to get acquainted with the scoring system and I'd really like to figure out a way to get this image in my system!

Any help you could offer would be appreciated!

I never actually watched it done or did it myself, but if my memory serves me correctly, it was either StelTronic or Qubica that had a feature where you could upload photos & place them in a cue (kinda of like a slideshow) so they would be shown in a desired order in between frames, & you could assign the custom images to certain score situations (like when they bowl a split, image A is shown. When they throw a strike, image B is shown, when they throw a gutter ball, image C is shown, when they leave a spare, image D is shown.....)
    Where's Mrs. Pisses?

Comment

That's Roscoe, Computer Score. Definitely in ECT, but I don't think those graphics went to the next version...DVS I think, maybe, but I'm not sure. Those graphics would have been in the ROM on ECT.
      Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
      Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
      Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Thank you for the info! So is Roscoe the name of the character?

I'm fairly certain that the alley had a keypad that had joysticks for navigating the menu -- does that sound right? I saw pictures of these while searching for the graphic but can't find them again to verify.

Any suggestions on how to get a rom or how to extract the images?

Comment

The characters name was Roscoe named after the designer.

They've never had joysticks, that's not to say they weren't integrated from a previous install, since Comscore are pretty cleaver when it comes to integration.

I have no idea about the ROMs. The only hope you have is emailing them, but I don't think they would be able to help you given the age of the system (backup files are probably long gone) and how busy they are.

Edit: After looking at the DVS software manual (B & W manual screen shot) you'll see a slightly more modern graphic was used compared to ECT. From there of course the graphic improves more with Matrix (colour manual screen shot). But your graphic is definitely modelled from ECT, I remember the graphics well from our old centre and other centres that had it.
          Attached Files
          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I don't know what Roscoe looked like in the ECT system but here is Roscoe from the DVS system. It's a little distorted because I cropped and scaled it but you get the picture (no pun intended but happy coincidence).

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by exMech View Post
              I don't know what Roscoe looked like in the ECT system but here is Roscoe from the DVS system. It's a little distorted because I cropped and scaled it but you get the picture (no pun intended but happy coincidence).
              The re-creation he linked is 99% accurate to the ECT version.
              Attached Files
              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I wonder who thought Roscoe needed a makeover. You think Roscoe thought he needed updated or was if the company? Hmmm

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Black Consoles

I got tired of the black consoles braking and they look bad.so I made my own....

Deck knocking pins over on new racks (Need help ASAP)

I am still very new to working on a2s first off.

We started having this issue on tuesday where when the pinsetter goes to spot a new set of pins, a few of them fall...

Express Model B 40 lanemachine

Can somebody give an explaniton how pins 2, 3, 6 are supposed to be connected. I had a shortcircuit there for the drive motor connection because of water leakage.

82-70 Distributor belt pulling to the side.

I have a distributor that is pulling the belt hard to the left in the nine pin position (and possibly 6 pin), but seems fine in the other spots. As you can see the residue and...

82-90 XLi Pin Elevator

I have several Pin Elevators that I believe to be out of round on my XLi's and was curious if anyone has ever run across this before and is so, what you did about it.
                I'm...
                Working...
                X