Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frameworx and GSX pinsetters

The last two days during league bowling or pinsetters froze up in the middle of the cycle. We have gsx pinsetters and touchworx with centermaster. I think the freeze ups have something to do with the software and the scorer. I can put the pinsetter into diagnostics and it will not lock up like it does in league. This is only happening on one pair of lanes.When it freezes up I cannot even reset the pinsetter or anything. They have to transfer the bowlers and then when I reboot the scorer and shut off the main power on the pinsetter it will resume working. Just wanted to know if any of you had experienced anything like this ? Thanks for your help

Re: Frameworx and GSX pinsetters

Hi goodluck,
    When the lockup occurs, do the pinsetters stop in the detect position, with the deck light on? If so, your scoring system has jumped into manual scoring. (Yes, it will do that by itself) Check the data line across the top of the lower monitor for "Manual Scoring". If the pinsetters black out during the lockup for 15-30 seconds, then come back on and finish the cycle, the Frameworx primary is rebooting itself. (Yes, it will do that too!) If this is the case, check for loose power connectors, bowlers shoe marks on the back of the cabinet (especially during leagues) and look at the master reset cable between the I/O and the motherboard. One other option, go into the Frameworx maintenance menu sub-routine, terminate the scorer software, turn off the power, install your CMOS board, turn on the power. After the reboot is finished, turn off the power again, remove the CMOS board and turn the power back on. (While you have the power off it wouldn't hurt to reseat the PCB's in the primary - just pop 'em out and then back into their slots) Let me know if the lockup happens again on this pair, or if you start getting them on other pairs in the house. Hope this helps.
    Bruce DeWeber
    Capiset Consulting

Comment

When the machines lock up, they are in the detect position and the pin light is on. I have not gone up front to see if they are in manual mode. But if they are , then what do I do ? It has happened on two different pairs. One pair it happened two times on the other pair it happened once. THanks for the lead and I will check back to see what you have to say next......Thanks again Capiset
      I forgot to tell you that we have the touchworx flat screens on the pedestal. They stand in the bowlers circle. The Lane Group Processor is on the curtain wall.

[This message has been edited by goodluck99 (edited 12-15-2000).]

Comment

Last night during our league we had about the same problem. The reaction between machine en scorer became slower and slower till suddenly the machines where frozen. So than I thought about what I read here. Did what was said here and solved the problem.

Thanks to all of You

Comment

Hey Goodluck
          Check the overhead for a graphic. If there is one there remember it then check next time for the same one. If it's the same then reboot and turn off your graphics. This will get you thru the game or league but you'll have to change your hard drive. The bad software for the graphic will continue to cause problems. If you have mixed lanes ie. 5 pin or candepin, you can use this hard drive in these lanes as the graphics are different.
          goodluck.
          Doug

Comment

Hey Goodluck
            Check the overhead for a graphic. If there is one there remember it then check next time for the same one. If it's the same then reboot and turn off your graphics. This will get you thru the game or league but you'll have to change your hard drive. The bad software for the graphic will continue to cause problems. If you have mixed lanes ie. 5 pin or candepin, you can use this hard drive in these lanes as the graphics are different.
            goodluck.
            Doug

Comment

I have had the same thing happen and it was because the scorer had locked up. all we did was reboot the lgp and then reboot the consolidated electronics and everything was fine.

Comment

what i do usually, is reboot, or move them off the lane then back on and everything is fine...

Comment

I've had this several times and it is the (FX/COM line in )at the NEXGEN is loose on the I/O board move the wire connected at the time this happens the nexgen will regain communication and come back online allowing the pinsetter to complete the cycle on its own , no rebooting or Hard resets required . If a bank of 6 or more machines do this almost at the same time then it is likely doing a reboot that was disturbed at the scheduled time.

Comment

I have been having a similar problem. I noticed my upper and lower monitors turn off.. bowlers will bowl and machine will trigger but stops at detection but put lamps still on. I go to back and notice scoring computer is no longer powered on. Turn it off then back on and everything comes back on. I was leaning towards power supply in the computer. Any ideas?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X