Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comm Lines

I have a pair of lanes that refuse to clear comm lines. I have changed the AC tray, the IO board and adjusted 5 volts. Brunswick says to change CPU also. Does it have to do with comms? Anything else I should check?

Re: Comm Lines

Tom:

If it's AS-90, the AS-90 control board (small board below the AC board) can cause commline issues also.

And yes, the CPU could cause comm issues. But the AS-90 board would be higher up in the order.

Kevin

Comment

tom,
      Are your score sheets up? Or are all 4 screens a solid color?

Comment

I have that happening before and it turned out to be a bad manager contro board. PJ
        I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

The lower monitors are off and the upper monitors show just colored screens. The control board is good.

Comment

Tom:

Just for gits and shiggles, I would swap out the whole I/O-CPU tray with the one from the next pair over and see what happens.

Wouldn't hurt to verify that your DIP switch settings (I/O and AS90 control) are correct also, although I probably didn't need to say that.

Will it turn on with the keyswitch??

Comment

I agree with KL Kevin, I have had this problem a couple of times lately.Once the i/o and cpu boards were bad,and my a/c board was bad on another pair.Be sure to push the overloads on ac board,and reset on controler board.A lso do a double clear.

Comment

I have had this problem caused by a poor connection before. I could get 5 volts at the io/cpu tray and 5+ at the power supply but the 90 board would still shut down. A 90 board will shut down with as little as a half a volt drop. I recrimped some molex terms. and deoxed everything else and it ran fine after that. If you dont have deox-it or deox-it gold you can use any good electronic cleaner to do the job.
                Just a suggestion if changing boards doesnt help.

Comment

What's a "double clear" and how do you do it with no lower monitors?

Comment

Tom:

Double clear is the CPU initialization procedure. Details on pages 62-63 of the scorer service manual, or if you don't have one, we'll post it for you.

I guess you didn't see in my last post ... will it turn on with the keyswitch, or not??

Comment

On the I/O board there is two sets of dip switches,double check the settings..On the back of the CPU board there is a little jumper board for the lowers,make sure you have good connections.

Comment

Key switches don't work.

Comment

When you turned the key ... did the power relays click in, and then nothing else happened, or did nothing happen at all??

Comment

Nothing happened.

Comment

Are the 3 red LEDs lit on the a/c board with the scorer plugged in?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse