Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS90C PCB

I have worked on all versions of AS scoring except the AS90C w/command network. Now have my crack at them. Can anyone give me a brief explanation of function of the AS90C PCB below the AC board?
    Brent V
    Hi-tech Repairs-Duck tape & ty raps

Re: AS90C PCB

Brent,
    The AS-90 board was placed in the console to eliminate the relays in the source command at the desk so the console screens would come on.
    It recieves communications from the comm line but does not send anything to the network for it's status. When you see the LED blink, it is recieving data. It is set to teh even lane numbers with the same binary scheme as the IO board.
    Also, since the audio from a VCR needed power from the AC board, this audio goes through the AS90 as well.
    If the AS90 board is bad, the console screens will not come on. WHen the AS80 console was rewired for AS90 board, the console switch was wired so it actually just pulls in the 2 relays on the As90 soe both screens will come on.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I have also seen an AS90 board cause issues with the intercom system. It took a lot of trial and error to isolate which one it was as everything else worked fine. You could hear VCR audio in the handset at the desk and were unable to talk to any lanes.
      <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Yeah, with all the modifications to the AC board for intercom, VCR audio and the AS90, there could be hair pulling audio issues.
        But Adam, I've not yet heard of hearing the VCR in the handset. One for the archives.

Comment

Thanks for info. I think i am butting my head against the wall, No one there to do any maintenance, 16 lanes, and when you pull 30 &amp; 32 pins out of machines, whats that tell you!
          Brent V
          Hi-tech Repairs-Duck tape &amp; ty raps

Comment

I know what you mean. Call me if you want to talk about their issues.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse