Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No LIU

I've been out of the biz for 2 years. Been trying to help the new owners with some scoring system issues. AS-90 system. Brunswick A2's. Message on the Front Desk screen says No LIU. Where do I start to diagnose the problem?

Thanks
    Darrin

The LIU is the Lane Interface Unit. Should be located somewhere close to the front desk computer. Check to make sure it is on.
    If it isn't on, you will have to open it up and check the fuse(s) inside.
    You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

We have an as 90 system that was converted from as 80. Using Centermaster system. I have had this problem a few times. Desk monitor displays NO LIU . I can by pass this by going into maintenance and taking the LIU out of the system. The drawback is that I have use the old counter switches to control pinsetters. The last time this happened, I simply rebooted the LIU ,reset the system and problem was fixed. I have had bad ports on the back office computer. On our system, the desk computer connects to the back office via a telephone connector on a port block connector. The port that controls the LIU was bad. Solution was to do a port test to determine that the port was bad, then I moved the telephone connector to a new port , while also changing the port configuration in
      the back office. If you have the same type of system , you will need a port tester to test the LIU port. On the back office , I go to special functions , #99 and type port. This allows me to view ports, change ports, and test ports. I obtained a port tester , and was talked through the whole process a couple of years ago by a guy that I think was named Mike Davies. Dont have his phone number here as I am not at Lanes yet.
      Last edited by ewen; 01-18-2012, 09:11 AM.
      There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Great post ewen,

Mike
        DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Lots of times, I've had LIU errors that usually could be solved by pressing the RESET button on the LIU board. It's just a small little button on the circuit board about the size of a dip switch.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse