Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commline across the house

Got commline errors across 24 lanes. Rebooted 1-2. nothing happened. Looked at LIU, hit reset button, nothing. The red and green LED's are flashing. On the Red LED bar codes have first and second led's on right always on and the third led is flashing. Don't have access to back office. D o ineed to restart backoffice? Thanks

Unplug the com line from each of the consoles, except for the last one. At the front counter try and establish communication with the one console.
    If you get communication plug the com line in on the next console, and repeat the process. This will let you find the console that is causing the issue. Unplug that console and continue with the rest of the consoles just to make sure that is the only one with an issue.
    On the console causing the problem check the 5v power supply, and adjust as needed. If that doesn't fix the problem then replace the AS-90 board.

Let us know how it turns out
    You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

Unplugged LIU, plugged back in,hit reset, then desk monitor said hit R for reset did that then hit R again, then pairs came up with one pair still comlined. From note they said that pair commlined and then I don't know yet if they messed it up or like you said cuda could of came from that pair. Cleared out that pair, went to desk and then they all were commlined ecept a different pair. Well cleared out at desk that original pair that caused the problem and then was able to clear each pair at desk. OK for now Turned that pair on and off no commline. Will keep eye on it like you said Cuda. Thanks for your Help. I do know that it can mess up other pairs when 1 pair acts up. But never seen all go to commline.

Comment

I is kind of surprising that one pair can effect all of them but it can and does. Had it happen to me a couple of times in a 24 lane center that I used to work at and at the 44 lane center I work in now, before we upgraded to Vector.
        Every time it was either the 5v power supply went wild, usually from somebody hitting the console after making a bad shot (sure, take it out on my equipment), or from an AS-90 board going bad.
        You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

Sometimes the 5 volt shows ok on the CPU board, but the old ones can leak some AC as they deteriorate and foul it up. You can just plug in a good spare to test it for a few days, it doesn't have to be mounted to work.
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse