Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fouls w/o foul lights

We have frameworx scoring & bowltronics foul lights. Occasionally we see a foul indicated on the scorer when the foul lights aren't on.
    "It's a great day for hockey." - "Badger" Bob Johnson

I would suggest you take a look at your cableing between the foul unit and your data processor.
    Clarence Metzger

Comment

Ditto
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

More than likely your cable has been bruised by a ball and is shorting out.
        I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Mark - here's the difference. Brunswick scoring, in looking for a foul, only needs a switch closure from the foul unit. If the foul cable, anywhere between the foul unit and the processor box, has a direct short, or intermittant short between the 2 wires (read ball damage) will cause the same thing as a relay closing indicating a foul.
          What we see in the underground wires, is a returning ball causes the intermittant short of these 2 wires, and if it happens when the scoring is determining the pin count on a lane, it could show a foul - and if the New Pins Solenoid is hooked up, the machine will sweep off the first ball spare and set a new rack, then go into 2nd ball again when the '0' switch opens.
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I agree with the bad cable scenario.
            I had to replace a faulty cable from Brunswick a foul light to a Vector Plus camera board.
            The left lane was giving false fouls, even if I unplugged the cable from the foul unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_D View Post
              We have frameworx scoring & bowltronics foul lights. Occasionally we see a foul indicated on the scorer when the foul lights aren't on.
              I have Bowltronics, when they are turned on they give out a signal. So if a ball drops and vibrates the relay under the capping it will mark a foul on both sides. The new nasty balls will give a static spark as the ball rolls under the unit. I have grounded the foul unit to the Mendes issolated ground and the glichy stuff went away.

Comment

Several years ago we got infra-red foul units. We started having phantom fouls everywhere immediately. Turns out the relays on the PCB were wimpy. If a ball was dropped too hard near the foul line, it would vibrate the relay contacts and generate a foul. To test for it, loft a ball hard and near the foul unit. After the manufacturer changed the relays, no more problems.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X