Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frameworx Tel-E-Foul Fouling on Both Lanes

Hi, I've wracked my brain to the point of wanting to stab things, so I figured I would see if anyone else had any advice. First,

Brunswick GS-98 series 404
    Consolidated Electronics
    Frameworx 6.3
    Tel-E-Foul system.

I have multiple pairs that foul correctly when crossing the foul line on the lane on which you are bowling.

HOWEVER, if you cross the foul on the lane next to it, it still fouls. For example.

Bowl on 29, Foul on 29, Foul is registered on 29.
    Bowl on 29, Foul on 30, Foul is registered on 29.
    Bowl on 30, Foul on 30, Foul is registered on 30.
    Bowl on 30, Foul on 29, Foul is registered on 30.

If I unplug either of the lines leading to the pinsetter, things return to normal. That is:

(with 29 unplugged) Bowl on 29, Foul on 30, Foul is NOT registered on 29
    (with 29 unplugged) Bowl on 30, Foul on 30, Foul is registered on 30
    (with 30 unplugged) Bowl on 30, Foul on 29, Foul is NOT registered on 30
    (with 30 unplugged) Bowl on 29, Foul on 29, Foul is registered on 29

I have:

- Traced the cabling from front to back, no breaks, bends, etc. I've even jumpered wires together and checked resistance.
    - Replaced entire Tel-E-Foul unit with one from a working pair.
    - Replaced Consolidated CPU with one from a working pair.

ANY advice on this I would be grateful to have. Hopefully all of that made sense.
    Fix it the right way? You can't do that unless it worked right to begin with.

Have you tried swapping the LGP hard drive with a working one? I'm struggling to think of anything else from what you have tried that could cause this!
    "Party on dude!"

Comment

If the unit and cableing are not the issue, then your issue may lie within the ccd data processor. I would suggest you swap it with one from a known good pair and see if your problem moves with it. If so, an exchange with BREX maty be in order.
      Clarence Metzger

Comment

Welp, I hate people.

It was cabling that is attached to the telefoul unit itself. Someone in the past had decided to reverse the wires in the connectors that lead to the underground cable.

Since it's a unit that comes straight from Brunswick assembled, it obviously wasn't something I was aware to check initially.

I'll just chalk it up to another thing previous mechanics here have done that I'll never understand and move on. Now comes the fun of switching those wires on every other pair of non-working units.
        Fix it the right way? You can't do that unless it worked right to begin with.

Comment

Glad you got it figured out. Rewireing the connections shouldn't take you too long.
          Clarence Metzger

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
          Working...
          X