Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS80 w/79 scanner miscoring

Last night had a pair of lanes , A-2's, w /AS-80's with 79 scanners very erratically miscoring when you had to reset (no elect triggering). These have no take data relays. Unable to determine the problem, in desperation i tried the same trick i got off someone here and have used on 2 centers w/A machines to keep the deck from blocking light on 1st ball. I reset the 44/144 switch to score immediately as soon as the 0 switch opened, and bingo, they score correctly. This will work at least until i get some take data relays on them. Just wondered if anyone has tried this with scanners?
    Brent V
    Hi-tech Repairs-Duck tape & ty raps

Another 79 scanner miscoring, adding 1 pin intermittantly. After pulling my hair out i realized the pin scan was a little high and 44 degree was slightly late, subsequently on certain groupings of 4 or 5 pins light was reflecting off of bottom of the stationary deck and counting as an extra pin. I lowered scanner to get correct halo on pins, readjusted 44 switch, and bingo, all is well.
    Brent V

Comment

Haven't worked on those for some time, but when I did I would spray paint the bottom of the rake arms and bottom of the machine frames and jack bolts with flat black paint. Anything that might cause a reflection. Seemed to help also.

Comment

Originally posted by GreskoJ View Post
        Haven't worked on those for some time, but when I did I would spray paint the bottom of the rake arms and bottom of the machine frames and jack bolts with flat black paint. Anything that might cause a reflection. Seemed to help also.
        Tops of the kickbacks too.

Comment

Any shiney hardware that might cause a unwanted reflection. eliminate any possibilities

Comment

You may also need to scuff up the pit curtain to eliminate shiny spots, that could reflect the scanner beam.
            Check for leaking oil pans, with oil on curtains.

Ah, the joys of scanners.
            I miss them. Not. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie8662 View Post
              You may also need to scuff up the pit curtain to eliminate shiny spots, that could reflect the scanner beam.
              Check for leaking oil pans, with oil on curtains.

Ah, the joys of scanners.
              I miss them. Not. :P
              Aw, they can really change your day if you're having a bad one, they completely ruin it!
              Brent V

Comment

Why no take datas? The only reason for them was in case you had to hit reset, then the count was taken when you pushed the reset and not wait till 44/144 made.
                Your fix will mean, of course, some late falling pins don't get credited. It should work the same on any Bruns machine with 44/144 as the scorer version doesn't care how the pin fall is counted, it just gets the data.
                Last edited by Ted; 03-24-2012, 07:29 AM.
                This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                  Why no take datas? The only reason for them was in case you had to hit reset, then the count was taken when you pushed the reset and not wait till 44/144 made.
                  Your fix will mean, of course, some late falling pins don't get credited. It should work the same on any Bruns machine with 44/144 as the scorer version doesn't care how the pin fall is counted, it just gets the data.
                  Running A speed works pretty good Ted, but i have found with jetback pullys you do run into that problem a lot more, not very successfull on them.
                  Brent V

Comment

Originally posted by brentman1 View Post
                    Running A speed works pretty good Ted, but i have found with jetback pullys you do run into that problem a lot more, not very successfull on them.
                    I can see that. Same reasoning as to why we had to slow the start of a machine with A-2 pulleys.
                    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse