Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS 90 OFF LINE

Guy,s I have two pair of lanes that are having problems staying on line, they will drop off and no matter what is done, i can only get them to clear and reset if i unplug them for a few hours. We have checked the voltages to the i/o and power supply, it is correct ( 5.2 ). I at first thought that we may be having an manger 8 problem, but these two lanes are out side the 8 block. One pair is 13-14 and the other pair is 21-22. Any one got any idea,s. I have moved boards to other lanes and the problem does not move with the boards,. About to pull out what little hair i have left over this one. HEEEELPPP.

Thanks

Coby
    ANYONE WHO HAS NEVER MADE A MISTAKE HAS NEVER TRIED ANYTHING NEW

I had a pair one time that kept going offline after changing out all the boards so i swapped the entire console and never had another problem. This did not tell me what the problem was but it worked for the last three years I was at that center.
    Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

Had one a few years back with similar problems, even changed console. to no avail. Finally found a short in lane cable under accelerator, and have not had another problem.
      Brent V
      Hi-tech Repairs-Duck tape & ty raps

Comment

The fact it returns after cooling off sways my opinion toward the power supply.
        Even though you have checked the voltage at the CPU board, the 5 volt power supply could be weak, or as I like to think, leaking some AC. On some of them, the potentiometer adjusting the voltage can be on a 'hot' spot where if you barely turn it, the voltage goes nuts. An indication to change it.
        Take a new one and just plug it in, adjust to 5.1 DC at the CPU, and lay it in the bottom for a few days. You can change them if it fixes the issue.
        Last edited by Ted; 05-13-2012, 09:47 AM.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I was leaning toward the power supply myself Only have one spare and not sure if it is good Guess i will have to order a couple

Thanks
          Coby

Comment

as an up date, replaced both power supply's, all is working great for now.

thanks
            Coby

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X