Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frameworx issue

My Frameworx issue started out as one problem then morphed into another one. Started out scoring for the ball thrown then instantly scored the next 2-3 frames as if the ball was being thrown but it wasnt. That was a faulty 44/144 micro. Changed that out now it scores random pin count. Hooked up the scanner and take data happens as soon as the sweep drops to guard catching the sweep in the picture. Installed a new micro there after making sure the cam is set properly and it is still doing it. Any advise?

Have you checked the ball detector? I don't know if it would apply to the the 8270's but I had a problem with a ball detect on my GSX once and the ball detect was losing power from the nexgen and blinking causing the scoring to take take score several times.
    For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

I have that part fixed, need advise on what is causing it to take data when the sweep is dropping to guard and the micro and cam are set properly

Comment

I would swap the switch cluster with another lane first, and see if the problem remains put.
        Then the same with the ball detector.

But dont put both parts in the same machine when swapping them.
        The key is to get the problem to move, and then you will know which is faulty.

Comment

Swapped CCD processors and AMF interfaces with known good units and problem remains. Changing the 0degree switch now

Comment

The logic for taking a score is - the scoring won't reset to take another ball detect or pin count unless the pinspotter returns to '0' after the last score.
            If at 0 (and it shows on the tester and stable), the ball detect will start the process of scanning the falling pins, then with AMF machines, it takes a count at the first machine movement - table moving on first ball, sweep leaving guard on 2nd ball.

With good switches, multiple ball detects should only score upon machine movement. But flakey switches will cause timing issues, compounded by ball detect not solidly aimed on the reflector. Just remember to set the jumper to AMF so the pin count is taken at frist switch closure during either ball cycle, instead of waiting on the second switch, as is on a Brunswick machine with only one motor and mechanical movement for both first and second ball.
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

When I hook up the scanner, run my hand past the ball detect then manually cycle the machine the take data picture shows the sweep right in the middle of the pins instead of waiting for the sweep to get to full guard with all switches being set properly.

Comment

Not sure if 70's are same as Brunswick,

But sounds like you need to adjust take data cam, taking picture to early

Mike
                DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

The cam is set correctly. I even went as far as unplugging both wires from the take data switch and it is still taking the picture as soon as the sweep starts to move to guard. My next step today is to swap out the switch cables from a known good lane and see if the problem remains

Comment

Swapping cables didnt help. What I am having a hard time grasping is why, with the take data and 44/144 switches open, is it taking a picture immediately when the 0 switch opens

Comment

Don't know about how it hooks up to AMF machines, but it almost sounds like the 44/144 switch has the wire on the wrong terminals. NC as opposed to NO. This might actually cause both problems that you were having, as the machine cycles, it is closing and then opening the switch instead of having the switch normally open and closing when the cam hits it.
                      This would cause the machine to take a picture as soon as the machine starts, as the 0 degree switch opens, the 44/144 switch is on normally closed and immediately takes a picture. instead of waiting for the lobe of the cam to close the switch and take a picture when it is supposed to.

Just a thought.
                      You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

If it's one lane, ditto for cuda96's suggestion. Wire on no vs nc.
                        But, it should score ok on either 1st ball or 2nd ball as they use 2 different switches. Table on 1st ball, sweep on 2nd ball.

Comment

All wires are on the correct tabs. For some reason it is taking the picture as soon as the sweep moves instead of waiting for the table to move on first ball. I know this because I removed both wires from the table switch then cycled it. Take data shows sweep in the middle of the pins well before the 44/144 switch closes. I have it working right now by retarding the cam to delay the 0 switch from opening until the sweep is at guard. Now to find the root problem.

Comment

Is the processor set to AMF machines? Check the software version on the eprom. Switch5 is used for amf machines in some versions, and not in one.
                            I can look the differences up, but compare the label on the EEPROM chips for version differences.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                            Working...
                            X