Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frameworx issue beyond hell!!!!!!!!!!

Our issue started out as a scoring problem on lane 5 where when you would throw a ball it scored before the the rake was even down. Then as the rake would go up on first ball it would score 2nd ball and 1st ball in the next frame. So first we checked the 44/144 and that was okay. Then we checked the ball detect and it was good as well. We checked the camera with the scanner and everything was good there too. While we were looking at the scanner we noticed that "zero" switch on lane 5 was closed all the time. We thought that maybe it was the 44/144 even though we checked it with the volt meter and both micro switches checked out good. So we decided to change it with the one from 6 since with know that 6 is scoring right. Well, that didn't work because we still got the closed signal on the scanner for the "zero" switch. Well, after that we decided to check the lines going to the 44/144 and zero switch. Those checked out good in continuity and we got the right amount of voltage the same that was coming from 6. Then we decided to use the extra cord we had that went from the brain to the ball detect and then to the NPS relay. That gave us the same result so we put the old cable back on. So then we decided to change the brain to eliminate that and the problem still continued. So then we noticed that the second and and 3rd light on the LED readout inside the (brain) Data Box were on. So we checked the camera with the scanner to find out that we had successful calibration on "both" lanes. So we went to throw 2 gutter balls on odd lane to clear the brain and our original scoring problem still persisted. Now to our dismay a new problem had cropped up. On the ETU board the lock out light came on #5 and it wouldn't cycle with ball detect of course. We turned the lane off and turned back on only to have the lockout light came on again and again and again and again. At that point we thought we had a bad ETU board. So we switched it out with a good one and the problem with still there. Thinking we might have burnt something in the ETU board we switched #6 to 5 and the problem continued with the lock out. Thinking the lockout might have something to do with just lane #5 we unplugged the sensor on the ETU board for the ball detect just for #5 and the problem continued. For ****s and giggles we unplugged the ball detect completely for just lane 5 and the lock out continued. After all that we decided to go back to lane 6 put the ETU board back in it that we'd tried on 5 and and check to make sure that 6 was okay and low and behold the lock out problem transferred to 6! UGH! After messing around for a while we came to the conclusion that maybe #5 was messing up the ETU board so we took the ETU board from #1 (because it was working fine) put it on 6 and the lock outs continued. We then put the ETU board from #6 to #1 where it is running fine with NO lockouts as of today 6/7/12. But guess what???? Yep! The ETU board from #1 that worked fine gives us what??? A lockout!

Sorry that took so long but we did go through a ton of steps. And because we continue to have the lock out we STILL haven't figured out the original scoring problem.... UGH!

If anyone can actually read through the above and have a good idea what might be the problem PLEASE HELP US!!!!!!!!

Eric

With AS90 I have solved some problems by removing the red wire harness from the left side of ETU and taping it of.
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

I'll give it a shot but I'm almost sure the head mechanic has done that.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks PJ but the HM did try it last week.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
        Working...
        X