Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had this problem with AS90's? New to me.

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had this problem with AS90's? New to me.

I don't know where to start on this problem. Can't find it in the repair book.

I turned on a pair of lanes for league Friday night. All of the monitors had vertice lines running on all of the monitors. I switched them to other lanes and the lines go away. Transfer back and the lines are there.

Anyone else have this prblem before?

Thanks,

Tracy
    Attached Files
    What?

Could be your color decode broard, try swapping them around.
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

I'd try reinitializing first. (double clear)
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

All of the monitors have the lines.

I was thinkinh it might be power supply.

I will do a dbl clear and see what happens.

Thanks.
        What?

Comment

I tried doing a Double Clear, it has been a while since I have done a double clear. The screens have green and blue squares. I must be doing something wrong.

Can you walk me through how to do a double clear?

If I remember correctly there are two ways to do a double clear.

Thanks,
          Tracy
          What?

Comment

Had a similar problem once on AS80's, and it was a combo of flaky power supply, and poor connections on video co-ax where they plug in on CPU.
            Brent V
            Hi-tech Repairs-Duck tape & ty raps

Comment

It would'nt happen on all at the same time. Get TED to help you through the reboot.

Comment

open up your console and you will find 2 breakers with long skinny red buttons. press and hold and count to 30 then release... as soon as you release the buttons hit the clear button once on the even lane. as soon as your forms and characters pop up hit clear one more time. this will pop up the menu stating the system has detected an error. hit the y key then hit enter and then you will see the uppers go snowy and the lowers will say a message stating hit y for black and white. after a few seconds it will pop up the option for color and you will see the alphabet on your uppers. hit y. you should then be double cleared. after that is done go back to the desk and turn off the pair of lanes and then turn them back on to re-establish communications. i hope this helps you out. we run the same scoring system and its been full of lil electrical gremlins. another note to keep in mind... if double clearing doesnt seem to help unplug and re-seat every connection in your console.... and i mean every connection...
                Is the breaker off? Yes. I grab the wire.. Its hot.... I grabbed him. He bounced... I love 220 volts

Comment

I tried to do a double clear, could not get it to toggle to the error screen.

I have this on the monitors:

I will try the connections and see if that helps.as 90 s pic 4.jpg
                  Attached Files
                  What?

Comment

Looks like ether a bad cpu or bad i/o board. Iv had this problim before and it was a bad board but I cant remember witch board it was.

Comment

I haven't worked on the straight 90's but have worked on the 80's and converted 90's, and to do the double clear I always had to push the clear button on the LEFT hand console, which would be the ODD lane, not the even lane.
                      You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

You should have a key switch on the side of pedestal. Turn that off and the on and push clear before the screen comes.
                        I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

I finnally had time to check the power supply. mDown below it is 5.69. Up on the J6 it is 5.23 VDC . Could that be my problem.

I still cannot get it to do a double clear.
                          What?

Comment

It certainly isn't helping anything. The reading at J6 should be 5.00 +\- .002. Your reading is WAY high.
                            You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

i had a cpu do that to me once.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X