Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WEIRD STUFF...Vector Scoring w/ A-2's -Universal E box- Scoring triggering machine?

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEIRD STUFF...Vector Scoring w/ A-2's -Universal E box- Scoring triggering machine?

Had to see it. So I rode over to his center. Here is what I witnessed ,now i am no vector expert when it's an A-2 Package so maybe one of you guys will instantly recognize this and be able to let me know what I can tell my friend. Thanks in advance.

Pinsetter Solenoid energizes as soon as the machine arrives at O. So I did my normal first thing unplug the reset cannon plug. Not it. Unhooked mechanics reset , Not it. Unhooked one of the wires from Vector that is tied into the reset button circuit problem went away. The Ball detect is in adjustment and appeared to be working correctly. Any ideas?

I have had some similar problems. Check the wires going into the ball detect, and on the cable from the ball detect to the camera.
    I have had to repair several of ours as the molex connectors are not always crimped on the wires very well. Depending on which wire(s) are loose or broken, it would still allow the light on the detect stay on, but send the signal to the machine to cycle.
    You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

Thanks Cuda! Will do and let you know what we find.

Comment

Vector plus almost 3 weeks old now, Installer is gone and everything seems good we are in the middle of league season so not much going on, had a tournament sat the 18th using lanes 5 -32 wow 82 respots yea 82 well we called brunswick they had a guy out tuesday took him 5 min. to find the problem it was in the ball detect, ball detects are the new ones with the adjustment screw. I had checked the ball detects seems ok have a green & amber light. Brunswick guy says that screw should be turned al the way down and as you turn it up the green will come on 1st as you continue turning up then the amber light comes on from this point you should turn 1/4 turn more, and the other issue was that if you even touched the ball detect the amber light would blink so he adjusted the sensor so that if you move the top of the bracket back & forth 1/8 forward & 1/8 backwards the lights shouldn't blink also using both hands move left to right shouldn't blink so we adjusted all ball detects, New 4 man league started last nite 8/23 full house 1 -32 and not a single respot. seniors League this morning 11 - 32 no respots. Tells me that these ball detects are very sensitive

Comment

I have found that as well. Shortly after having ours installed I found the brackets that they mount on tend to flex quite a bit. Suggested to Brunswick that they find some way to beef them up to eliminate the bending.
          Doesn't sound like they have done anything about it yet, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one that suggested this improvement.

Comment

Yes when i 1st seen them i was like are they trying to cut cost, yes they very flexible.
            The Installer had 1 of the local guys install the detects & reflectors and i notice that they are not lined up very well this also is very important.

Comment

Yes it is. When we had them installed the guys started at lane 1 and ran a string down to 44. Then set all the reflectors and ball detects centered on the string.

Comment

Yes a string would have been a good way to start.

Comment

yeah that reflector bracket is real flimsy i changed all mine out to zots reflector assembly part number z420089
                  24 A-2's
                  Brunswick Pro Lane
                  Vector Scoring
                  Kegel Kustodian
                  Twister Pins
                  Polychem oil and stripper

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X