Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting a new scoring system ?

my center is currently looking in to buying a new scoring sytem. we are looking at the new amf boss system can anybody give me some feed back on this one or recommend another system ? thanx, jim
    jim k.

Re: getting a new scoring system ?

Don't know anything about the Boss system, but I do know AMF tech support is starting to SUCK. If I get to replace my Accuscore system anytime soon, I'm going to go with Qubica.

Comment

For what its worth , I have not heard a bad word about Qubica.

Comment

The only thing I see wrong with Qubica is that they have not been around as long as the big dogs have, I hope not but if they relocate sell out or anything and you have there system your stuck with it for a long time. I purchased Mendes and so far they have been alright not great just alright, they have moved a few times and let some key personel go, meanwhile I knew more about the system them some of the new guys just starting out with them. It has turned out alright so far but who knows what the future will hold, I am thinking about building a new center in another location and I will definately go with Brunswick from now on, if I had AMF machines then I would go with AMF.
        Qubica is a newer company and if you where to come to this sight and check the scoring system forum out you will get more advice and I think more mechanics will have the knowledge to help you if your system is something they have or had.
        Good Luck! you and your bowlers have to live with whatever you choose just take your time and do some investigating on the matter.
        ps: I didn't like the wiring AMF did at one house I looked at but only went to one AMF center to get an idea of how they concealed the wiring in the backend around the pinsetters. I would suggest going to at least 2 centers of each company in your area and check out the jobs they did, if you have to travel it may be worth it.
        Drillmn

[This message has been edited by Drillmn300 (edited 04-06-99).]
        Drill

David Bolt
        Champaign, IL
        USBC Silver Coach
        IBPSIA BOD
        IBPSIA Advanced
        Technical Certified
        Pro Shops

Comment

It is defintelly Quibica. AMF Tech support really bites, espcially if you center is not part of the Amf chain.

Comment

I HAVE WORKED WITH QUIBICA AND IT IS A PRETTY GOOD SYSTEM, HOWEVER A SYSTEM THAT IS WORTH LOOKING AT IS STELTRONICS. IT OFFERS ALL OF THE OPTIONS THAT QUIBICA DOES AND MORE. WE INSTALLED A 40 LANE HOUSE IN ONE NIGHT WITH EIGHT PEOPLE ONLY TWO WERE MECHANICS! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS SYSTEM AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL MY EMPLOYER. HIS NAME IS MONTY AND CAN BE REACHED AT (719) 591-1000.

------------------

Comment

Six months ago we went through the first Mendes touch screen installation on 70's and had many problems. They did however bend over backwards to solve them to the extent that they re-wrote the software and started designing an A.P.S. interface which is almost ready. Apart from that a descent stable system but may take a tad longer to install than quibica or steltronic. Email me for more info.
              Word about in the UK is that Boss is still a little bit buggy.

Comment

I have one peice of advice.STAY AWAY FROM MENDES!!!!I have had nothing but problems with them over the years.

Comment

computer score, it's australian and reliable, i know they are installing in the states now, it's easy to use right through the centre, from bowlers - management - techs. it is a neat presentable system and it's price is very competitive, they are always updating their system, the graphics are good and i have worked with 3 models of this system and have found it to be the best by far.
                  i don't need mods, i am a bloody genius

Comment

To my knowledge AMF has yet to get the BOSS nt control system operational. The Steltronic control system is my choice for the best one on the market but then I also sell the system.

Comment

thanks to all for your input, we still have'nt made up our minds, the boss sytem does work but they are having trouble with there back office software and are updating
                      it. so is brunswick
                      jim k.

Comment

Our center is also looking into a new auto score system, I just got some of the info on the new brand called COMPUTER SCORE if any other members have this system up and running already, any type of feedback on what you think of this system would be of great help. This is a very interesting system that appears to be very user friendly. Let me know how the install went and how their support is.
                        Thanks
                        Playball2hard
                        Treat everyday like it could be your last day!

Comment

Jim, Every scoring system has two major components. The scoring portion and the control portion. AMF BOSS scoring is in centers and appears to be working. AMF BOSS NT, which is the control system, does not at this time have all functions working. To the best of my knowlege AMF is installing the old Advantage system to run BOSS scoring. Hope this clarifies things.

Comment

We have been using computer score for about 3 years now. Have experienced very little problems with this system. From the bowlers standpoint you could not buy a more simple and easy to understand system. From a mechanics view the system is very easy to maintain. The only problem I find with this system is the league secretary program is to simple. They don,t cover enough league rules and you can,t do some things you can do with other sec. programs like cde and perfect sec. So, we do not let any leagues use are system as the league sec.. But, they are constantly making changes and upgrading their software so it probably won,t be too long before they can compete with other companies as far as league software is concerned. I highly recamend the system.
                            David Cliffe
                            Asst. Mgr.
                            Mechanic
                            Youth Advisor
                            Pro Shop Mgr.

Comment

I am interested in knowing something about this computer score stuff. Where is it out of? I think it may be a early version of the old easiscor system that I have in my center.
                              If you know the installers, does the name Dave Duncan ring a bell???

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse