Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mendes Scoring

Just like to know what you all think of Mendes Scoring - the good and the bad.

Cheers

Kelvin

Re: Mendes Scoring

Kelvin:
    I think Clint Eastwood starred in that:
    The Good, The Bad and the something.
    If you have them, good luck.
    If your looking, talk to lots of people, and I don't mean people with clauses in their contracts.
    Talk to scoring installers, talk to scoring uninstallers.
    Roscoe
    rfm

Comment

From a customer's point of view...

I bowled in a tournament at a center with Mendes scoring and 82-70's. To make a long story short, I refuse to bowl in this center because of the auto scoring system. It just wasn't very user-friendly. Plus, misscoring was very numerous.

Hope you don't mind a person on the "other side of the fence" putting a post on this site. I have learned about something that has interested me since I was a kid. Thinaks for listening.

Dan
      I always wanted a job in a bowling center. Now, it's just fun to help out once in awhile.

Comment

Oops... I meant "thanks for listening." Too much coffee this morning.

Dan
        I always wanted a job in a bowling center. Now, it's just fun to help out once in awhile.

Comment

Before I bought my AS-90's, took a look at them. Called several big houses, who were glowing about them. Called several small houses, got the impression that the smaller you were, the less responsive the company was. 10 laner in my area has them, had one pair down for two weeks last time the mens tourney was there. If you're not a big house, stay away, IMO.

Kevin

Comment

I have had Mendes scoring since October 1998 on 82-70's. The scoring was bought shortly before I started with the centre but installed after I started. Its all the latest stuff and we have problems.

Big Problems

Am I the only one

Don't post email me.

[This message has been edited by Kelvin (edited 04-03-2000).]

Comment

I have them here and as long as you stay on top of them they are a piece of cake. I don't know a company out there that doesn't have some problems. The biggest complaint I have is that they promise everything and then you don't see them again. Their product is better than most that I have seen and they do a great job of installing, there is no cardboard or particle boards holding the CPU boards in place which beats a few companies right away. Never working on any type of scorer before I found these to be quite easy with the exeception that no one has any knowledge about the system when you need help. Mine were installed in 94 and to this date have had to replace a few boards but nothing major has gone bad, I don't know if this is good or not but it works for me. The biggest problem with Mendes is that they have a lot of turnover within themselves and the tech's only know as much as I do on my particular model. If I was to build a new center today I would have to really think hard on what company to go with only because they all have certain problems that only after there installed you find out about. I know a few companies I would not go with but I won't get into that. If you have any problems feel free to e-mail me and we can go over a few things, I made sure I was in on the install here just so I had hands on experience with this company.

Drill
              Drill

David Bolt
              Champaign, IL
              USBC Silver Coach
              IBPSIA BOD
              IBPSIA Advanced
              Technical Certified
              Pro Shops

Comment

Drillmn

Do you have touchscreen's?
                If you have AMF do you have the A.P.S. conversion?

Kelvin

Comment

Only at the counter and I have Brunswick machines.

Drill
                  Drill

David Bolt
                  Champaign, IL
                  USBC Silver Coach
                  IBPSIA BOD
                  IBPSIA Advanced
                  Technical Certified
                  Pro Shops

Comment

we had mendes scoring put in in july 1999, almost on year later and it has been good so far.we have touch screens. the tech support is good and the parts are prompt.

Comment

we have a 16 lane center with brunswick A's we had mendes joy stick controls with 27inch tv's installed. thay sent one installer and 2 were from the unemployment office [bums] unskilled labor they did a poor job lots of problems scoring is the only thing that works well,but it slowed the machines down 15 to 20 minutes per match there is only one tech who knows what to do [scott] and they lie alot if you want to know more you can e-mail me

Comment

I had a lot of problems...

One of their Canadian techs was in the U.K. and he upgraded all my front desk and console software .

Works pretty good now!

I have to agree with Drillmn the build quality is excellent especially in the consoles.
                        As for support they are ALWAYS available in the UK and seem to be continuously upgrading software ( with enhancements as well as bug fixes).
                        I think they have struggled in the past but it seems to be coming together now.

Lets see what happens next!!!!!!

Comment

I have Mendes version W15 with 82-70's in my 40 lane center. My biggest problem seems to be keeping the lower consoles calibrated. Sometimes bowlers not familier with the system tend to cause lock-ups. However I find the system fairly easy to repair and maintain. As far as Mendes Corp., I find the techs are fairly knowledable, ordering is not a problem(unless you don't pay your bill), and overall service is good. We did have a sales rep come to upgrade our system with a new server about 2 months ago, and he ended up creating problems. We then had to wait almost 2 weeks for a tech to show up to correct his mistakes. Also thier manuals could be better. Overall, not a bad system, but I have worked with better ones.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse