Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mendes scoring system

I have Mendes scoring at my 40 lane center, and would like to hear from others who have this system. Your likes/dislikes and/or problems. I also would like to hear from anyone who installed the expander board and if they had any problems with it interfacing with Mendes scoring.

Re: Mendes scoring system

I work in a 40 lane house with 8230 pinspotters (6525 chassis) and Mendes Scoring with touchscreen consoles. What problems/disasters would you like to discuss?

------------------
    Jason
    Jason

Comment

Would you like to discuss freezing consoles, comunication problems, front desk failures....there is not a prblem I HAVEN'T had....

Kelvin

Comment

Well, I can tell both of you are very impressed(ha-ha!). Let's add what I call a "ghost machine" to the problem. I have a lane that will come on for no reason at all. Just the back-end motor runs, however I have caught it light up the pin deck lite for a second a few times. Mendes doesn't have an answer for this one. Kelvin, how often do you have console freeze-ups? I re-calibrate mine at least once a week. By the way, did you guys hear they're cleaning house at Mendes?

[This message has been edited by mech8270 (edited 08-19-2000).]

[This message has been edited by mech8270 (edited 08-19-2000).]

Comment

The lower consoles lose calibration at random daily.

We lose communications between the desk and the consoles on a regular basis.

We have 8230s so the sweep arms show up as 7 or 10 pins if we don't keep them spray painted with flat black paint. On one pair, I couldn't get rid of a phantom 10 pin and ended up painting out the right half of the pindeck light so that it wouldn't shine on the sweep arm.

We've had about 4 cameras go bad in a year.
          Our control desk touchscreen has been replaced at least 6 times (that's IBM though).

Mendes just finally updated the software so that we can print receipts for the first time in 6 months.

The Remove Bowler function only works sometimes...not often.

The intercom system has never worked...after almost a year, we finally had an intercom system installed like the old one that came with our old AMF Accuscores.

We've found ways to work around most of the problems, but for a system that's supposed to be so advanced and is supposed to do so much, it sure is a big hassle.

------------------
          Jason
          Jason

Comment

What do you mean by cleaning house?
            Jason

Comment

Quote:]On one pair, I couldn't get rid of a phantom 10 pin and ended up painting out the right half of the pindeck light so that it wouldn't shine on the sweep arm.[/QUOTE]

sounds like mickey mousing to me...im telling deadwood on you!!!!...lol

Comment

TO JASON: Hey at least you have an intercom that works! My system has been in for just over a year now and I still don't have the software installed for comunication from the consoles to the control desk. I've been told by Mendes that the software for the intercom system is not ready.

TO STRIKE300: My understanding is that a few techs in the Florida office has left and my salesman that we had has also left. Don't understand how a company can function like this!

Paul

Comment

Which techs left? We know all of them personally. We had 4 different techs down here, each for about a week to 10 days. After we showed 'em around New Orleans and took them down to the French Quarter, they didn't want to leave.

Jason (strike300)
                  Jason

Comment

I don't know how much space Mike has on his server for this website so I am not going to fill the rest of it up with problems.
                    I used to calibrate the consoles every day but they beleive this has something to do with the temperature warping the array.

Don' switch your consoles off at night so the temperature remains stable. It helped a bit with us.

I don't mean to start roumors but I heard that they were bringing in an additional crew of programmers I also heard something very big is going to happen between AMF and MENDES.

We were one of the first installs in the UK and we did a lot of prototyping for the new style APS curtain wall. They were good to us then but since there is a lot of Mendes going in, in the UK we have been sideswiped.We have never been able to get the intercom to work properly either. What annoys me is that part of the routine maintainance requires us to clean the touch arrays every other month. This requires taking it apart - a real pain.

Mech:
                    As far as your ghost machine goes do you know if its software or hardware.

Also did you guys get the manual for the system on paper. I got it about a year after it went in.

Touchy Feely

Kelvin

[This message has been edited by Kelvin (edited 08-22-2000).]

Comment

There's a manual??? We've been told there IS no manual! We have no help files or anything. Most of what we know is just because I wasn't afraid to sit there and play with the computer and I found out a lot of stuff nobody else knew. But we're still in the dark about a lot of things.

------------------
                      Jason
                      Jason

Comment

WOW, I have to feel great then, in 6 years I've never replaced a camera and have never had to change the upper or lower moniters. I have changed a few cpu boards in 6 years but only a few. What are you guys calibrating? I have never calibrated the lower units for anything, I did have a lane freeze up once but I just did a complete reset and it's worked fine since. I just installed the new cameras but only so they would pick up glow pins and never really had a problem with the old ones other than they wouldn't pick up the glow pins. We have stayed in touch with Mendes throughout the years and they do have a high turnover rate within the company. We did upgrade the counter and back office this year with the one they provided and it seems to work like it should.
                        Thinking of buying new in the next year or so and will more than likely go with what Brunswick has to offer but only because there is more experienced mechanics available for there system at this site. That and I think we are going to go with a complete package including the Anvilane Pro's adn everything else they have to offer but still not decided.
                        Good Luck
                        Drill
                        Drill

David Bolt
                        Champaign, IL
                        USBC Silver Coach
                        IBPSIA BOD
                        IBPSIA Advanced
                        Technical Certified
                        Pro Shops

Comment

Drillmn

Do you have the touchscreen console or the older joystick?

The touchscreen system has a lower monitor and an infra-red array which physically run independently of each other. On initial installation it is necessary to calibrate the touchscreen so that the matrix on the Infra-Red touch array is lined up properly with the corresponing points on the monitor.
                          The calibration is done in software so that there is no need to physically move the array. This is a quick and simple procedure but can only be performed when the lane is off.

This is only half the problem since it is impossible to re-align the array when it doesn't repond to any input. This normally requires resetting not only the troublesome console but the bank of consoles running under the master (normally 6 lanes).

If you have joysticks stay with them, if you have touchscreens please tell us all what we are doing wrong.

Kelvin

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse