Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supertouch issue

I have random supertouch screens that are black screen with Qubica AMF in the upper right corner and the lane # in the upper left corner of the screen and thats it. It doesnt show our graphics or when we put a bowler on that lane it doesnt show anything. The upper tvs work fine. What could this be?

I've had a lot of issues with Supertouches, but never this. I'd try reinitializing a lane pair that is doing this to reload the software and see what happens.

Comment

I believe we have had this same problem intermittently. When you open a lane for customers, they go to choose their theme and enter their names, but it's as if the user interface didn't finish loading, just the grey/black screen with logo and lane is displayed. We have never been able to find the cause for this issue, however closing the lane and then reopening it will usually take care of it.

We typically reupload or reinitialize weekly.

Comment

Just curious- how often are you guys rebooting the entire system? Shutting down desk terminals, server, and unplugging the lane pair hubs on the back curtain wall?

Comment

9Nman I like to shut everything down once a week usually. I try reinitializing the pairs but sometimes that still doesnt work. Like DBZodos said, it works most of the time only if you reissue the lane. It's really weird. I wish I didnt have to deal with it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by 9Nman View Post
            Just curious- how often are you guys rebooting the entire system? Shutting down desk terminals, server, and unplugging the lane pair hubs on the back curtain wall?
            weekly here too

Comment

We had problems with them too. Qubica updated the Super Touch, they are a little better. I would reinitialize once a week at closing. It's always good to clean the screens at closing time daily. The originals, 288059027, the processor would over heat, causing failure. The updated, 288059031R, is better in the processing.
              IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

I will have to try the reinitializing at the end of the night. See if that works. Thanks.

Comment

That's interesting to know, mardigras. When we're able to reopen I'm going to start checking the part # on the SuperTouches whenever they exhibit this problem, I think it is limited to a couple of them specifically. I think I've swapped out 3 of 24 SuperTouch consoles under extended QAMF warranty in the past two years, the replacements were a newer part # (which also have a more recent version of Conqueror as a minimum requirement to operate than the originals).

Of the three I shipped back, two of them had lost touch ability, and one had a failed backlight.

Our house upgraded to SuperTouch consoles and BES-X in June 2016.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse