Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BowlandX VDB Error #1

Had a power outage before I came in today. The lanes showed no comm, so I could not upload with erase memory. I manually reset the VDB, and as soon as the screens pop up they alternate lanes flashing red screens and it says error. Then the screens stay black with the serial number and node and Error #1.

What is this error? Can it be repaired?

vdb99? here's the list i have for errors.

Error 1 Program check Fail (1)

(1) Error checking the program/data in Battery Backupped Ram: Reload the program on the
    VDB.
    Attached Files

Comment

just remembered, i had a pair do the same thing. tried reboot, and manually power on and off. still error 1, tried program reset, as well as uploading the wrong program(MI330 or something like that), in the end i swapped the vdb out with another and the pair worked fine. verdict was bad vdb, had to exchange it as a core and got a refurb.

Comment

I got that pair up and running with back up VDB, but now I don't have a spare. I was thinking it was something was bad. So probably not repairable

Comment

Originally posted by Jonewyn2 View Post
          I got that pair up and running with back up VDB, but now I don't have a spare. I was thinking it was something was bad. So probably not repairable
          The red flashing screens indicate the motherboard battery is dead. It's soldered in. QAMF can repair it.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X