Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera issue

Lane 31 and 32's camera "blacks out" every now and then and won't keep score. When we take an image, all we see is the little x's there are suppose to be on the pins. The rest of the image is black.

If I disconnect the camera for a while, then reconnect it, we can use it again, sometimes for up to a week, but it always blacks out again. It's not the camera or the chassis.

Anyone know what the problem might be?
    There! Try to NOT work now!

Re: Camera issue

What scoring system?
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Oops, sorry. Conqueror pro.

Comment

I'm not familiar with that system. Have you moved the camera to see if it follows the camera? Also - if you have synthetic lanes - the cameras should be grounded big time. Often times if a camera gets a zap from static - it stops working until the camera is removed from power and plugged back in.
        I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

I have tried a different camera and chassis and the camera IS grounded.

Comment

Look at the LCOM wire as it is threaded down the leg of the machine and toward the camera board. Could have some damage that only manifests itself while bowling - IE ball hitting LCOM wire, or moving machine parts rubbing it or accelerator pan rubbing it.
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Try swapping the camera interface board with another pair and see if the problem follows.
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

we had this problem, what we found it to be was the T-VISION 98 board.
                Also I would check your cable runs from machine to the t vision board, we also found this wire split.

Comment

Could also be something as simple as a loose LCOM wire on the 6 box as well. I've had this same problem turn out to be that.

Or if you've got auto bumpers with the controller inline between the 6 box and vdb it could be a loose wire there, too. If it's a really intermittent problem I'd be leaning towards wiring, whether it's a loose connection somewhere, or like ratchet said, could be one got damaged either where it runs up the pinsetter or in the subway. It's good enough to work most of the time, but just a little bit of vibration or movement can screw it up. I understand it's hard to know for sure though, never knowing if you've REALLY fixed the problem, or if it's going to black out again a week from now.

I'm assuming there aren't ever any errors listed when you try to reboot, right?

Comment

also another thing which was causing this was our AMC box. They are literally 35 years old, a lot of wires in there which are live but not needed and i am not gonna touch it because i know jack about it.
                    Make sure all wires that are disconnected in your AMC box are isolated. (electrical tape over live ends)

Comment

A & MC is just a junction box for both lanes. The door should have a label showing how the wires are connected. When the installer leaves the wires long inside it, it looks like a rats nest and is harder to troubleshoot within.

This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

wow, thanks mate!

Comment

I guess I should have also mentioned that we have Xli machines...
                          Anyway, since I last wrote I have swapped the camera board, problem stayed. I also checked the wire cables attached to the machine frame at the "downsweep". All was well.
                          Yesterday whille swapping the VDB I noticed a couple of wires that were stripped way long going into one of the green wire connector plugs and might have been touching one another. I shortened the bare wires, reconnected them but swapped the VDB anyway. Now I wait.
                          What's a 6 box? Does it say "6 box" on the 6 box? Where is the 6 box located.

Comment

The six box is the scoring interface to the machine. It does not say six box on it (at least mine doesn't). The wires from the camera board go to this box (as well some wires from the A&MC on a 70).

Here’s a picture of mine. It’s the one that says Qubica

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words! Thanks Triac. (are triacs still used on pc boards?)
                              Nice, neat wire job by the way.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse