Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camera issue....maybe !

I cant get the camera to auto align w/ the pins...idk why I just did it to two othe lanes earlier today ....now it dosent have the auto icon light up sooooo...its on 1st ball ...pair is open...deck light is on ...any ideas ?

Re: camera issue....maybe !

How good is the picture? Autoalign may not work if brightness or focus is off.

Comment

sometimes you have to manually set the boxes on each pin. just click the box, move it to where you want it, then click again. then after its done, it will usually let you auto align it. a lot of it has to do with the weakness of the camera

Comment

hey thanks badwrench ......it wasent the brightness or focus but when I was compairing the pair w another pair i realized the camera couldnt see the ten pin on the even lane ....adjusted camera and then the auto option was highlighted...i looked at that camera image for like ten min. and didnt even notice...

Comment

^Yeah. The "auto" align button will usually not work if the camera isn't somewhat centered on the pair. The way to tell is take a look at the outside pins on both lanes. The black space on the outsided (toward the kickbacks) should be approximately the same. If it is, the auto align should work, if it's not, the auto button will be 'greyed out'.
          I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SVLFever
            ^Yeah. The "auto" align button will usually not work if the camera isn't somewhat centered on the pair. The way to tell is take a look at the outside pins on both lanes. The black space on the outsided (toward the kickbacks) should be approximately the same. If it is, the auto align should work, if it's not, the auto button will be 'greyed out'.
            Thanks for the tip on this, I had a few that would not autoalign and were slightly off center and that got them to work.

What would cause the autoalign to have one pin not align on a pin, it ends up way off to the side. Is it seeing something brighter than a pin?
            (what I think I am saying is it looking for the 10 brightest spots and lining up on those?)

Marty - Pro Bowl West
            56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
            2 Kustodian Walkers
            http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

At one time I had to turn off the lights down back to use autoalign on one pair because of a shiny spot on a dropsweep cover. Autoalign would "work" but would put one spot on the shiny spot of the cover. All the covers are now painted flat black.

Comment

Marty, I am guessing that the camera is seeing something that is giving off a speck of light in the general area that is causing the camera to misinterpret the pin. I have personally not seen this issue, but believe it could happen that way.
                I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

I have seen the auto align not be highlighted if the camera does not see anything that would change if the button was pushed.

I have also seen the auto align cause a pin to be off the "grid" so to speak. I have yet to find anything in that area the box ends up on to warrant it jumping off the "grid" though.
                  TSM & TSM Training Development
                  Main Event Entertainment
                  480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse