Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qubica scoring with XLi EDGE 2012 machines weird problem

Basically the machine have to syndromes determined by the timeout settings from pinsetter parameters on the Conqueror technical setup.
    This function have 2 options : allow you to disable it or to setup an amount of time till the machine goes on timeout.
    Ok. Till there is clear.
    First option :
    Timeout disabled by put on the field 0 value.
    Send to Lane , vdb goes to reset and restart.
    Lane on.
    Start a bowling game on both lanes on same VDB.
    Throw first ball , a gutter ball.
    After the ball pass the ball detectors , the SECOND MACHINE act weird, means the pit light goes off and machine goes on stand by.
    The first machine where you bowl execute the cycle and then finished, the pit light goes off and machine on stand by . The big flashing leds on the FBOX indicates the status of standby.
    OK. Throw an other ball , but machine don't do anything at all. Try to reset from menu , cycle, on or off , nothing till you reset the VDB and instead the FBOX.
    on other part IF you play normally with no gutter ball, every thing works normally .Even you take a break , the machine enter in standby mode and after starting again to bowl the machine react normally.
    Canceled a lot of function , the symptom is there.
    Trying the next option , the one to set the TIMEOUT parameter from 0 (disabled ) to the maximum value 255 (in seconds 4 minutes 14 seconds)
    Again send to ...restart VDB ...etc .
    Lane on .
    Starting new games on both lanes on the same VDB.
    Throw first ball , a gutter ball again , machine cycle normally , scoring normally no problems at all.
    Take a break. wait 2 minutes start again to bowl , everything OK.
    Take a break wait more than 4 minute and 15 seconds , machines goes to standby pit light goes of.
    Start bowl.
    First bowl wake up the machine , pit light goes on , scoring , but not cycling.
    Second ball , machine cycling but like this was the FIRST ball, scoring but the dealer needs to cancel the first ball to reach out the good one.
    So the final conclusion is this is a problem with the TIMEOUT parameter , gutter ball and stand by.
    Time out parameter set to 0 (disabled) the machine power of an a gutter ball.
    Time out parameter set to 255 (maximum) not cycle after timeout time .
    After 8 hours of testing , no idea , no solution.
    Solution?
    1.Someone who have the same setup VDB + T-vision + Fbox + Lcom with XLiEdge to try this settings or to verify wich settings are made.
    2.Replace the F-box
    3.Replace VDB
    4. Pray to GOD to an better ideea.

Does this only happen on one pair of lanes? If so, I would swap the VDB to another pair and see what happens. Does this happen every time you try it, or does it happen once in a while? If it's every time you can test after swapping each scoring component, but if it's once a month or once a year I would swap all the scoring components to different pairs and keep track of what went where.

Example:
    If problem is on 1-2 swap VDB to 3-4, F box to 5-6, camera board to 7-8, bowlers terminal board and keypads to 9-10.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.badwrench View Post
      Does this only happen on one pair of lanes? If so, I would swap the VDB to another pair and see what happens. Does this happen every time you try it, or does it happen once in a while? If it's every time you can test after swapping each scoring component, but if it's once a month or once a year I would swap all the scoring components to different pairs and keep track of what went where.

Example:
      If problem is on 1-2 swap VDB to 3-4, F box to 5-6, camera board to 7-8, bowlers terminal board and keypads to 9-10.
      It is happening on all 4 lanes , already swapped , Fbox and components , all the time.When you throw a gutter ball no matter if is on start of a game , middle or 10th frame , the problem appears.

Comment

After timeout, push reset button on ball return instead of throwing a ball. Cycle the machine to the 1st or second ball as needed with reset. I've seen this in early versions. I think there has to be software logic changes to make it score with a ball after a time out.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

If it is happening on all of your lanes I would suspect software problems instead of hardware problems even if it is only 4 lanes. If QAMF can't give you a software upgrade that will fix the problem, maybe they can give you an older version of the software made before the timeout feature was invented.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
            After timeout, push reset button on ball return instead of throwing a ball. Cycle the machine to the 1st or second ball as needed with reset. I've seen this in early versions. I think there has to be software logic changes to make it score with a ball after a time out.
            i will try that on the Timeout setting with 255 value. Maybe should works.I suspected too a problem of software. Already the AMF technician who installed the machines calls the Qubica support about the software.Waiting a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.badwrench View Post
              If it is happening on all of your lanes I would suspect software problems instead of hardware problems even if it is only 4 lanes. If QAMF can't give you a software upgrade that will fix the problem, maybe they can give you an older version of the software made before the timeout feature was invented.
              We wait for a solution from them.An older program i have it , but don't contain the setup for Xli , and also the timeout feature is present.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X