Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierd problem

Helping out a friend. Have conqueor, a while back had a lightening strike. now when you turn on 15, 16 will come on. when you turn on 16, 17 will come on. when you turn on 17, 18 will come on. Ect... we have 8270 XL chassis, all address from MCU is correct. It goes like this from 15-20. we only have 20 lanes. have 6 box. VDB all have correct address.
    amf 82-70
    B2000
    quibca

Just a guess, is there a deep reboot/power off reset?

Comment

update, change in the descreption. Conqueor pro, it only happens on lanes 15-20, in a 20 lane house. When they give out a lane lets say 20 lane 19 would come on but the monitors come on 20. If they give out lane 19, lane 18 would come on but the monitors on 19 would be on. I told them scoring side is good, has to be machine side. Again after they had a lightening strike a couple of months ago. They are dealing with a mechanic that been there for 30 year (he's clueless) and a c-mechanic that been in the industry for 5 year, (that thinks he knows all.) They dont want me to look at it because they dont want him to feel bad about asking for help. So I could only go by what they tell me. thanks for any help.
      amf 82-70
      B2000
      quibca

Comment

I wonder if its a problem with the XL chassis?

Comment

I would be glad to help with this, but I really need to be dealing with the center directly. Working through a problem via a third party can be an exercise in futility.
          Regards,

Billy T
          bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

cant be chassis since its lane 15-20. which means 3 chassis is bad. plus it crosses pairs, like from 19 to 18.
            amf 82-70
            B2000
            quibca

Comment

billy your right just trying to be helpful to that center. I figure something else for me to learn.
              amf 82-70
              B2000
              quibca

Comment

OK, for the sake of learning, there are a couple of ways this machine can be turned on. The most common is through a Source Command Interface Box (SCI). This box takes contact info from the interface box (6 box or F box) and converts it to language the MCU can understand. In other words, the front desk turns on lane 19. The appropriate relay in the interface box closes. The SCI gets this message and tells the MCU to turn on the pinspotter.

I think we are expecting to talk to someone from the center today.
                Regards,

Billy T
                bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

i know i left a message, so dont know if ron got it. always willing to learn new stuff. they had this since oct that i know of. at the present a c-mechanic is trying to find the problem. he's the one that asking me question about it, but i never feel comforable about dealing with anyone less than manager of head mechanic. the books i read never said anything about the SCI box. thanks.
                  amf 82-70
                  B2000
                  quibca

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X