Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Super Short Cycle" question

Setup:

3QT, FBOX, SS chassis w/ OT no expander or XLMP.

Function:

1st ball gutter or pick off, score taken, no cycle at all, switch machine to second ball. I love this feature!

On an MP chassis the short cycle in this situation consists of the sweep dropping to guard then reversing back up, but the SS chassis setup here the sweep never moves. My question is this: is there a way to make the MP chassis behave like the SS chassis as explained? Since really the machine does not need to cycle at all it would be awesome if there was a way to do that with the MP.

In this setup the SS is superior to the MP, the MP has a "short cycle" whereas the SS has a "super short cycle" - I have to call it something with "cycle" in it because the ball state changes as a result of the bowler throwing a ball.
    Last edited by Tablejam; 07-28-2012, 09:44 PM.

TJ, I didn't even know that it was possible. Is the FBox controlling the sweep & table run?
    I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

No its not. Since the signal to cycle comes from the FBOX and another pair if wires from the FBOX tied into the ball stepper button at the back is there it allows the scoring to decide when not to cycle to machine (first ball gutter) and allows it to switch the machine to second ball (first ball gutter or tenth frame), that's really all its doing. On a first ball gutter it is the same thing as me pushing the ball step button and not pushing the cycle button. In the tenth frame its the same as me pushing the ball step button when the cycle starts except the scoring is doing all of this on its own. Its really neat to be able to do this with the SS chassis but I don't know if these two particular functions are available for the MP. Our MP machines just use the short cycles, etc.

So no, the scoring does not control the sweep/table in that respect it is only controlling when to cycle the machine and when to switch it to second ball.... that's it.

These things make me like Qubica scoring even more.

MAYBE I will put up a couple of vids to shows this.

Btw have you been on Lex yet?
      Last edited by Tablejam; 07-30-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Here ya go SVL, this is the behavior.

Pay special attention to the ball lights.

Remember, SS chassis, Omega Teks, no expanders, 3QT, Conqueror Pro, FBOX.

-1st ball gutter or 7/10 pickoff with normal 2nd ball cycle, or, "Super Short Cycle!". Also, the first read is set to 4 seconds and the cycle switch occurs at 5 seconds..

-10th frame fill ball, extra cycle elimination...

I also stumbled upon something kind of funny with this. If you have the pinsetter on in any way other than opening the lane this is what happens unless you knock down more than just the 7 or 10...

Ha ha, I forgot in that last one I said "it didn't cycle"- that's funny.

Comment

If a center can't afford to upgrade the chassis to allow smart communication between scoring and the pinspotter, then the F box functions you speak of are a great alternative. Unfortunately, when this is necessary, the pinspotter does not cycle as quickly as it would when interfaced, which allows pins to come out of the machine when balls are thrown fast and hard. If it were me and I had Men's leagues, I'd be pushing to get the pinspotters interfaced.

On a 2nd ball gutter (following a 1st ball gutter) the machine is supposed to cycle and spot a new set of pins, this is not my opinion, just the way it is supposed to function 'by the rules'. On this lane is the 2nd ball light option unchecked in Conqueror?
          Regards,

Billy T
          bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

Originally posted by BillyT4QAMF View Post

On a 2nd ball gutter (following a 1st ball gutter) the machine is supposed to cycle and spot a new set of pins, this is not my opinion, just the way it is supposed to function 'by the rules'. On this lane is the 2nd ball light option unchecked in Conqueror?
            Second lamp is checked and after any second ball, as shown in video #1, new pins are set, this is when a lane is in use such as when it is given out or opened, so normal play. But, if a lane is not opened or given out and is instead say, turned on from the back only, video#3 shows what happens with the gutter balls. Not a problem just something funny I noticed. I am only testing this particular feature on a few lanes because of the slight cycle lag, I'm seeing if it will increase deadwood before we decide to use it on the rest. But the extra cycle in the th frame elimination we are doing on all of them.

And I agree, like us, if you can't afford to upgrade to fully interface the pinspotters to the scoring, this will work very nicely.

Comment

Well that is nothing short of genius. I have to admit, I am not surprised, as the Qubica guys are pretty ingenious. Actually, in thinking about this some more, it gives me an idea I am going to bounce off my friend Bob.
              I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

^Can you share?

Qubica scoring seems amazing in its simplicity and many, many features.

Comment

Well, I passed my idea along and unfortunately it would require a re-write of some core software and is cost-prohibitive. Oh well.

Comment

^Darn it- I'm dying to know what it was!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X