Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not cycling

I have Qubica scoring Conquerer Pro. Started out on one lane machine wouldn't cycle after throwing second ball. Was able to reset from desk. I could press the reset by the LED on the camera and it would work fine for awhile. Now it has started doing the same thing on the other lane. 15-16. I am still able to reset from the front desk. What do I need to check/test ? When this was installed Qubica left no manuals or guides. Did a really shoddy installation job. If I had been here then I would have told the owners not to pay for it.
    It's better to remain silent and let people think you're stupid than to speak and remove all doubt

Is it not cycling at all or maybe just its taking forever to cycle (maybe upwards of 12 seconds) I would start simple first - check your ball detects for alignment (they should NOT be lit if they are aligned correctly) also check the camera cover is setting correctly (had one of those this morning)
    What kind of Qubica stuff do you have? newer? older? t-vision boards? If you need some copies of some manuals, give me your email and I can send you some stuff.

Marty - Pro Bowl West
    56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
    2 Kustodian Walkers
    http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

You can get the scoring manuals by signing up for the QA customer portal.

Comment

Installers done the same thing to use. Left no manuals for our Q-vison camera. The have LED to use as fault codes apparently but we have no idea what they mean as no manuals. I will have to get them soon.
        As mentioned check ball detectors and clean the sensors first. keep it simple.
        Is it only on 2nd ball? everytime? reflectors damaged?

Comment

With the q-vision the camera sensors do not initiate the machine cycle. The ball detect sensors do this function. Most likely, those ball detectors are not plugged-in that's why the macines are not cycling after the first ball.

Comment

The Q Vision camera assembly has the ball detectors on it connected to the Q Vision camera board. These ball detectors do three things...

1. Start the scoring sequence
            2. Calculate ball speed
            3. Determine how fast the ball is going to cycle the machine at the right time.

The actual cycle signal caused by the ball passing the ball detectors at the camera comes from a pair of wires from the machine interface which could be a 6 or F box.

If one of the ball detectors is not aligned or not working it can cause a no cycle or very late cycle start. This usually shows up as a loss of ball speed because the scoring can't figure out how fast the ball is going. If this is fine then its possible the signal is not getting to the machine which could be a connections issue between the 6 or F box and the pinsetter.

The ball detectors at the camera are in proper alignment when the indicator on the detector itself is off. If this indicator is lit then the detector is not seeing the reflector across from it. Alignment is easy. Loosen the four screws securing the top of the detector in its mount and adjust until it is aligned then tighten the screws. The to make sure the alignment is good grab each detector and gently move it, if the indicator lights it is not fully aligned. Also make sure the reflectors are tight and have no issues. For this to work correctly BOTH detectors on each lane must be working.

As to the original problem, please explain in detail what is happening and list the setup you have. Is the ball speed working?
            Last edited by Tablejam; 11-03-2012, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks TJ! I was having a similar problem with one lane not cycling. Looked at ball detects, not lit. Rebooted 3QT, not it. Checked connections, not it. Swapped F-Box, not it. Swapped camera board, not it. Hmmmmmm. One more look at the ball detects. As I sat on the capping on the camera guard side I noticed the first ball detect light and go out. Hmmmmmm. So, wiggle wiggle. On, off. On, off. The capping had just a bit of play and the detect was set at an extreme edge. Realigned detect, ok. So I learned that while it is not good to talk out your butt, it is ok to troubleshoot with it. Wiggle, wiggle.
              Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

Originally posted by Gym View Post
                Thanks TJ! I was having a similar problem with one lane not cycling. Looked at ball detects, not lit. Rebooted 3QT, not it. Checked connections, not it. Swapped F-Box, not it. Swapped camera board, not it. Hmmmmmm. One more look at the ball detects. As I sat on the capping on the camera guard side I noticed the first ball detect light and go out. Hmmmmmm. So, wiggle wiggle. On, off. On, off. The capping had just a bit of play and the detect was set at an extreme edge. Realigned detect, ok. So I learned that while it is not good to talk out your butt, it is ok to troubleshoot with it. Wiggle, wiggle.
                That's awesome... and funny!

I should also mention when checking for ball speed...

-make sure it is enabled
                -make sure the speed limit isn't set to something ridiculously low, if it is and the ball goes faster the ball speed will go away
                -make sure (if you have BES) that it is on a theme that will show it. Certain themes like Halloween, Christmas, and Birthday will not show ball speed. I usually use theme #1- classic as I know it will show it and it's easier for me to see. Also on some themes the scrolling message at the bottom can cover the ball speed so you might want to turn that off.
                Last edited by Tablejam; 12-15-2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                  That's awesome... and funny!

I should also mention when checking for ball speed...

-make sure it is enabled
                  -make sure the speed limit isn't set to something ridiculously low, if it is and the ball goes faster the ball speed will go away
                  -make sure (if you have BES) that it is on a theme that will show it. Certain themes like Halloween, Christmas, and Birthday will not show ball speed. I usually use theme #1- classic as I know it will show it and it's easier for me to see. Also on some themes the scrolling message at the bottom can cover the ball speed so you might want to turn that off.
                  I thought you would get a chuckle out of that. I got some looks from the front counter as well.
                  Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X