Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BES X scoring opinoins?

Hello everyone,

We are currently looking at replacing our scoring system and are interested in the BES X system. I'm curious for any feedback on the system from someone who owns, operates or repairs this stuff. Is it worth the cost?
    Do it right and you wont do it twice!!!

Originally posted by clemster151 View Post
    Hello everyone,

We are currently looking at replacing our scoring system and are interested in the BES X system. I'm curious for any feedback on the system from someone who owns, operates or repairs this stuff. Is it worth the cost?
    Best scoring system made....EVER!

Comment

I install it if that counts. There was a grounding issue for the touch screens in one center I know about (hence fixed), but otherwise, the places I have put in seem to be trouble free.
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Ask SVLFever, though he might be a little biased I think he could give you good info

All I can tell you is it's the scoring version newer than the 3QT and it uses the same cameras and in my experience my system (3QT) is absolutely rock solid. The BES-X system uses the next generation of scoring components plus and if it's anything like my current system then it's pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
          I install it if that counts. There was a grounding issue for the touch screens in one center I know about (hence fixed).
          Ted...what issues did you see from this grounding issue?
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Steve, although I am not Ted, it is my understanding that several centers were installed with poor grounding of the touchscreens. When that occurs, you can see multiple issues, such as random reboots, touchscreens appearing to not respond to a touch, lockups of the touchscreen and a couple other odd problems. A good ground = few issues.

We have had the system on about a dozen lanes for 2 1/2 years now and (the touchscreens, 4HDs and HUBs). I have had the FBox's, Cameras, EDCs and TCS for almost 7 years now and have had almost zero issues with anything. I have lost a couple of ball sensors over the years and one camera board. I did lose one touchscreen, due to being hit by the lane machine (a manager was trying to take a shortcut with the lane machine, which he won't EVER do again).

Customers love the features and I am seeing that love translate to the bottom line. So yes, I would say it is worth the investment.
            I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SVLFever View Post

....We have had the system on about a dozen lanes for 2 1/2 years now and (the touchscreens, 4HDs and HUBs). I have had the FBox's, Cameras, EDCs and TCS for almost 7 years now and have had almost zero issues with anything.

Customers love the features and I am seeing that love translate to the bottom line. So yes, I would say it is worth the investment.
              ....so there ya go!

Comment

We installed Qubica Bes-X in November and had a "trying" couple of weeks after the install. Most of our issues were scoring ones that demanded a lot of reboots. It was very frustrating. Every day when we came into work, we were faced with problems. Thankfully after an update, the problems resolved. I will say learning the front desk and back office is challenging. Our customers love the touchpads and options on the lanes. Really no problem there! We are a big tournament house and are disappointed in the tournament program. In my opinion, there are features to that program that need to be upgraded and we are considering the BTM tournament program. Since we installed in November, we did a mid season start up with our leagues on the BLS program. That worked out ok.

Comment

We are still seeing a few touchscreens freeze from time to time. Updates to software has been helpful as there are fewer of these issues, but we are still seeing it from time to time. I am just curious about the grounding issue that was found in the past...what told you there was a bad ground? Is there some check I can make that would let me know if this is something that we should look into? I know the install was done with top notch professionalism...but I am wondering if one of us has done something wrong and disconnected something that could now be causing the grounding issue.

We are currently running 10.00.45
                  Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Steve, there were engineering opinions about where to ground them. We were first told to use the IG receptacle ground on the Hub power, then I was told to just use the conduit screw as it was a static drain. But IMO, that violated the IG.
                    I actually think software updates did more that the percieved grounding issue. But there is a true and proper way that will not violate the IG, I just haven't been told which way is the most recent decision.
                    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Does it still take forever and a day to do a reboot like the 3QTs?
                      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kat View Post
                        Does it still take forever and a day to do a reboot like the 3QTs?
                        Yep...about 3 minutes and 45 seconds if I remember correctly. I timed it one day just to see how long it takes and to see if it was the same as the 3QT's I had at my last center. The 3QT's were in the low 4 minute if I remember.
                        Main Event Entertainment

Comment

We had BES-X installed at the end of October. Like a few other centers we did have our fair share of issues at the beginning. Kept having lane pairs freeze, especially in the middle of leagues. Needs to be expected with a newer system that it will take some time to "work out the bugs." After many software upgrades, and visits by some of the Qubica brass we seem to have very few issues. I have replaced 3 touchscreens, 1 4HD Hub, 1 camera board and 1 sensor...the last item being replaced over 1 month ago. Other than an occasional sensor adjustment things are smooth. Customers have very much enjoyed the new features, and league bowlers are enjoying the added MPH information. I do believe it has translated into additional business.

Honestly, if your center can afford the upgrade/change to BES-X it is the route I would go. Best of luck!
                          ...I'd rather be bowling.

Comment

Captaintenpin....our Qubica Bes-X install was in November. We went from Brunswick AS-90 to Bes-X and that was a huge change for us! Sounds like we had the same issues in the beginning as you did with lanes freezing up, scoring issues, etc. "Brass" visited us, too, which was a big help. All working good now We are a big tournament house and are disappointed in the tournament program. Some "tweeks'' need to be made there, in my opinion, that would help the program (certainly would make my tournament situation easier). Would love to talk to "Brass" about the Tournament program, but no response yet!

Comment

Steve, I would defer to Ted about the best way to ground it, as I am guessing there has been some engineering updates that he is aware of that I am not.

CMJR, regarding the tournament module, I can assure you that "brass" has taken your requested enhancements to the module seriously. To be clear, the tournament module is not a BES-X enhancement, but it is a Conqueror enhancement. The tournament module is the same in all versions of scoring, and only varies based on the improvements that have been added over the years in the different versions of Conqueror.

Updating to 10.00.45 will fix most of the touchscreen issues in BES-X, so if your center hasn't upgraded, I would recommend doing so.
                              I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse