Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bes-x touch screen failures

Just up-graded to BES-X Qubica scoring with the LCD Touchscreens 6 months ago. Had one become unresponsive, Tech had me re-boot, re-initialize, swap & the problem followed the unit, so they sent a new one out under warranty... that was 3 months ago, i just had another failure last week, once again Tech dept sending a new one out... today 3 more are unresponsive... anyone having this problem? something in the software? like somehow the touchscreen driver has become disabled? can't access individual unit, no mouse or key pad... touch screen unresponsive then no way to use it, except by entering info at desk & sending it... or putting names in at another terminal & transferring it... so, again, anyone with this system having this problem? & if so, is there a fix besides just replacing them out? Thank You.

I have had 32 lanes of touchscreens for over 3 years and have not lost one yet due to a failure of the touchscreen. I did officially replace two, one to the lane machine cracking it and one to a bowler doing a practice swing for the same reason. I did lose one though where the camera quit working and that was a few weeks ago.
    I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

Thanks SVLFever, good to know there is someone with these things that are working good.

Comment

up-date... after swapping around & re-initializing, 2 of the 3, day before yesterday's failures came back... talked to Qubica tech dept, they are not sure what is happening, they are sending me my 3rd warranty replacement for the one that wouldn't come back.

Comment

We've had them for three years and have had several replaced on warranty. I've also used our spare one and not replaced it since we have to pay for them now.
          If you think my girlfriend can fight, you should see her box!

Comment

wow Jack_Sparrow... that is the direction we are headed... nobody in Tech as ever told you what the problem is???

Comment

Never asked. As I recall they either wouldn't boot up or they would act up or freeze during use. Also went through a few CPUs and I believe 2 hubs.

Make the most of it while you are under warranty. Put whatever spares you have into service to make sure they work.

In the beginning they had massive networking problems and were trying to blame it on everything under the sun. It took them a couple of years to get it reasonably sorted out. Things are working reasonably smoothly now, knock on wood.
              If you think my girlfriend can fight, you should see her box!

Comment

Thanks for the tips Jack_Sparrow.

Comment

This is a big issue and they do not make them anymore so we are all screwed.

Comment

I have had consoles freeze like that but all I ever do is boot that pair. Every pair is on it's own breaker and so far they have all come back for me. They did have a big problem in their software as I remember though and we would get bad IP addresses. They kept telling us something was plugged into the system that was not theirs and interfering. Nothing else was in their system. LOL!!! It was in their software and they got it figured out somehow through Italy. No problems since.

Comment

Probably has nothing to do with it but does your system have an Isolated Ground to each unit, power supplies, boards, etc.? Also should have high end Surge Protection on the entire system.
                      Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

We've got surge/UPS on every 4HD Hub at our house and a ground running from each Hub up front to its Supertouches. I think I exchanged 3 Supertouches in a 2 year period, two for nonresponsive to touch, and one for a bad backlight. The glitch we seem to have most often with them is that we'll open a lane for a customer, they'll go to enter their names and the Supertouch never brings up the choose # of bowlers/enter names screens, it stays grey/black. I'm not sure if it's after they've made a scoring theme choice on the YLYW menu or if they never even get that far, I have only seen the "stuck" grey/black screen. Closing the lane and then re-opening through Conqueror usually fixes it. Also not sure if any particular version of the Supertouch console is prone to this glitch or if it's something to do with our version of Conqueror.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X