Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Brunswick A2 training

My parents have owned a small 12 lane split house for several years now and I help I’m the back on the AMF 82-70s with small calls such as double feeds, ball returns, pin spotting etc. Come July 31st they will be taking over the 40 lane center in our town as well and they will need a head mechanic at the bigger center but they want someone certified and they said if I can find a course and take it and get certified they will give me the position but the machines there at Brunswick A2s and I’m having trouble finding any courses for this pinsetter training.

Where are you located?
    jonesborobowl.com

Comment

Originally posted by coachlon View Post
      Where are you located?
      His profile says Alexandria, Louisiana

Comment

That is correct, Alexandria, Louisiana

Comment

I wish I personally was in a position to help you, but I'm not.

Until you can find someone in that area to help you, you might want to check this wealth of information here for some knowledge, you might want to check YouTube, though you have to be careful as some of the information on A-2's, like life in general, isn't always reliable.

As Brunswick stopped making them in 1985, it's going to get harder to get an education on the machine.

You might want to check out https://brunswickbowling.com/bowling-centers and https://brunswickbowling.com/bowling...cument-library for any documentation (1662 might be a little overkill, so this narrows it down to anything A-2 https://brunswickbowling.com/bowling...t-library?q=a2).

I don't know how 'out of shape' your newest property is (if they were in trouble, the machines tend to be the recipient of said frustration), but you might want to be on the lookout for machines for sale that either have been replaced (why, I don't know...) or where the property is going to be 'repurposed', used machines can be a good investment.

I wish I could help you be being nearer to you, but it's not possible...

Comment

Frank at Precision Pinsetter Services is who trained me. I believe he's still doing the courses .

Precision Pinsetter Services
            150 E Reservoir Rd, Woodstock, VA 22664, United States
            +1 540-459-7575 https://g.co/kgs/LcJPtr
            Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
            Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
            Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
            Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

You may want to consider grabbing some of the industry trade magazines, like Bowling Center Management (https://bcmmag.com/) and International Bowling Industry (https://www.bowlingindustry.com/); sometimes (but not always) they'll list training schools.

Comment

Thank you all for the help

Comment

Actually, we should be thanking you...you reached out and asked.

I don't say much here as there are a lot brighter and more knowledgeable people to answer questions.

I also like to take a cue or two from Abraham Lincoln...Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse