Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a22 pauses when oiling

have an a22 machine. when i run the machine down the lanes to oil, the machine stalls about 4 feet down lane for a second then continues. any ideas?

Did you do a sensor test?

Comment

end of lane sensor or travel sensor?

Comment

You're not getting an error message when it does this? Does it do it on every lane at the same distance or is it maybe 4' on one and 6' on another? Right now, the only thing that I can think of is that the buffer up/down gearmotor may be getting ready to die and it's slow in dropping the buffer. I've had a similar problem with our machine when the motor was in need of replacement. In my case, when I would start the machine on a lane, I could hear that the buffer didn't start right away because it wasn't fully down. But after a few feet it would start to buff. Look at a lane when it does this after you start it and see if you see the oil dots from the injectors right at the start of the oil past the foul line. If you see the dots, the brush is not buffing the oil on that part of the lane. Also listen to see that the buffer brush is rotating right away. Pretty easy to hear it running. But whenever I've had this happen, it didn't do it on every lane. It would usually only do it on the first couple of lanes and then it would be okay. Motor probably needed to get warmed up a little. The A-22 will usually go a few feet (around 7', as I recall) before it will stop and give an error message if the buffer brush hasn't lowered by that distance. Haven't seen your problem, but maybe your motor is slow to drop the brush and finally gets it lowered just about the time it's ready to stop and show an error. Might wanna check your microswitches that are controlled by that buffer up/down cam. Maybe the "down" micro has an issue and not working right. If I think of anything else that could cause your problem, I'll post again. Let us know what you find when you get it straightened out.
        It is wiser to find out than suppose.--Mark Twain

Comment

will do thanks ill check when oil for leagues tonight

Comment

and no error message

Comment

of corse oiling last night it had no issues lol. ill post back next time it happens

Comment

Do you run diffrent kinds of patterns? Perhaps it's in one of your patterns.

Comment

right now we just run the 2 house shots. our every day shot. then our weekend shot with heavier oil. dont have the league right now to put down the international shots.

Comment

So did you check if it's in one particular pattern?

Comment

If you have bumpers that raise out of the gutters, it actually sounds like you may be getting hung up on a bumper rail that has not dropped all the way down. I have also seen this if the guide wheels are worn or not quite hooked on each side of the lane.
                      http://www.popevil.com

http://www.facebook.com/popevil

http://www.dandirito.smugmug.com

Comment

sorry have not posted back. i have only noticed on our house 2 shot. not the weekend shot. it only does every once in awhile but when it does will do on quite a few lanes. next time it does this i will post video so you can see for yourself. does not affect tape though

Comment

So it is in one particular pattern. Go thru your pattern settings carefully, there must be someting confusing the machine.

Comment

i saw this once. For me it was using the wrong outlet. I was getting a drop in voltage. If i ran a split pattern it ran fine, only on the combination run did it hesitate at about 3 feet out, just about when the buffer turns on.

Comment

I have seen this as well on our machine found that the power cable had an intermittent short. Got a new cord and it stopped!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse