Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How not to do

Found a nice 2 years old A22 machine in very bad condition and sadly discover "master" repaired it wierd... he screw (guess by force) a metric nut in hole coz part was broken After testing cleaner pump not a single drop of cleaner came out spray nozzles are so dirty that it blocks liquid to come out.
    After i checked vacum motor assistent who works with that "master" was like coz he never heard that noise in his 7 months working there Then i checked what pattern they use i was coz there was only oiling and no cleaning on it (see pic) and i found why... OK lets clean nozzles and try to run after changing pattern (there was way to much oil on lanes) Guess what? Machine didn't run coz error on lane sensor Checked that one and found out that that "master" bought a sensor in some store wich didn't go with that machine... And best part: they bought new mother board, coz machine didn't work as it should
    So daddy has to come back some other day to change some things on it and make this thing work propperly

Advice to all "selfmade Masters": Please, Please don't fix things if you don't no how
    I’ve got problem for your solution…

Yeah master used to work here, had to get rid of them. Spring missing, they were to busy to find the one in spare parts so they just run down the road to Napa and grab one it was the same length so it would work, Right. Dule I feel your pain, try chancing all your ball door latch springs with a "better one", 15 pound ball won't push the button in because spring is so strong. Fun night that was, and hey let me replace a bunch of these and throw the ones I removed away. I ran rubber bands for spring for 4 days till I could get replacements in. Or better when they decided to treat the approaches with Dura Slide used so much you could not stand up, it was like bowling on ice, or the time they complained because there was not enough oil on lanes because they could not get there ball to hook, or when they replaced t-band and put the rear pit board in the front so beveled board was not in front of ball door and balls would not exit ball door. Job security though there was always something to fix when they were here, only problem was a 15 min. job was now a 2 hour job. Fun times there.
    For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Leftys having a little trouble getting the ball up to the pocket, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch View Post
        Leftys having a little trouble getting the ball up to the pocket, huh?

hehe not only leftys... or rightys... any, but ok next week i got some spare parts to make this back as it should be
        I’ve got problem for your solution…

Comment

That makes me sad

Its all about having the right people in the right places and giving them the tools they need...

Mike
          Mike Wilson
          Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

One of my techs thought he'd clean the nozzles and filters so he took the fixtures off to soak. He put them back on so tight they blocked the rail and one of them cracked at the last thread so was leaking everywhere.

It's a tough call.... do you want the guy who sees something is broken and just ignores it or the guy who tries to fix it with the wrong things? I had one guy who was really keen and decided one night that all the elevator chains on our GS-98's needed tightening so he went through and adjusted them all. Next league night there were 24 lanes of EJ blackouts. I called him back in at 10pm to fix the problem while I watched (with beer in hand... it was after hours for me!). After that he made sure to run things past me when he thought it needed fixing.

Comment

There is NO excuse for poor/lack of maintenance. That is our/their job - period, first and foremost.

(Now if the owner/manager has you painting storage rooms, etc. then you need to explain that your doing so comes at a price in other areas - probibly won't change their mind, but now it is a conscious choice)

I would take a guy who has initiative - but needs direction, over a guy who sits on his duff the whole shift. It is so hard to find people (in any field) that want to excel in what they do - most seem very happy to provide the bare minimum of effort (or slightly less than that!). As head mechanics or trainers, we must do all that we can to encourage our guys to open their eyes and look for things that can be improved. The guy who never messes up is the guy who never tries anything new. I want that guy who is gonna mess up once in a while. Set parameters, limit your risk, but don't crush the guy or humiliate him for trying to think outside the box.
              http://www.popevil.com

http://www.facebook.com/popevil

http://www.dandirito.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by ddirito View Post
                There is NO excuse for poor/lack of maintenance. That is our/their job - period, first and foremost.

(Now if the owner/manager has you painting storage rooms, etc. then you need to explain that your doing so comes at a price in other areas - probibly won't change their mind, but now it is a conscious choice)

I would take a guy who has initiative - but needs direction, over a guy who sits on his duff the whole shift. It is so hard to find people (in any field) that want to excel in what they do - most seem very happy to provide the bare minimum of effort (or slightly less than that!). As head mechanics or trainers, we must do all that we can to encourage our guys to open their eyes and look for things that can be improved. The guy who never messes up is the guy who never tries anything new. I want that guy who is gonna mess up once in a while. Set parameters, limit your risk, but don't crush the guy or humiliate him for trying to think outside the box.
                AWESOME post Dave......

Mike
                DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X