Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D Dirito - HELP - No oil being applied in middle of pattern

OK, here is the problem. I put in a completely flat pattern into my A22, asking for 60 units all the way across the lane for the first 20 feet. I run the lane machine and pull a tape. The outside left 8 boards read approximately 66 units. The middle 23 boards read 6 (six) units, and the right outside 8 boards read 66 units. This is confirmed visually by smear tests.

I now run the injector test, and the oil dots are large and obvious on the left and right outside 8 boards. The middle oil dots are barely visible. This confirms the data above.

I now switch the injector connectors (5 of them) inside the box by the GUI, to see if the problem moves with the switching of the connectors. I run a lane and pull a tape (but I already know the answer because smear tests are obvious). There is absolutely no change to the way the pattern looks. The problem did not move with the injector connectors.

The problem appears to be connected to the bank of injectors since moving the injector connector made no difference. When I moved the outside 8 connector to the middle injectors, the middle injectors did not fire; but the outside eight injectors fired when the middle connector was attached to it.

Sorry for the long explanation. Any assistance would be greatly apreciated.
    Wood Lanes
    ION B
    Infinity Oil

call me. 231-578-2482
    Jeff
    41 years and still learning....
    lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Is this problem solved?

Comment

I'd certainly rule out the lane itself. Put a straight edge across the head and see how much gap there is. The lane machines should apply oil real close to what they are supposed to as long as there isn't over the allowed .040 depression in the lane.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

it is solved... by the way, conditioner would still be applied in a depression with an A22 or an Envoy as the conditioner is applied directly to the surface. it is not dependant on a buffer brush to be painted on....
          41 years and still learning....
          lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Yes, the issue is resolved. Jeff Reese came in and we ran mutiple bottles of alcohol thru the injectors and the problem cleared up. The injectors were clogged, and it was more prevalent in the injectors in the middle portion of the lane. It was a simple fix, but not one I would have thought to try. Jeff was right on top of this solution.

OnlyAnOwner
            Wood Lanes
            ION B
            Infinity Oil

Comment

Good to see that your problem is solved.

I would do an injector test monthly from now on, If you are starting to get clogged injectors again make a flat patten with two zones of 25ft each. Set both zones to 100 units and run this pattern once or twice. This will probably open up the injectors without using the alcohol.

What product are you using?

Comment

Nice idea to use high pressure to keep the injectors clean.

The product I was using was Kegel Navigate. I have run Brunswick oils thru the A22 for over 4 years. I started to run Navigate through the A22 because I switched to Infinity in my ION and the Navigate was left over (A22 is back-up machine). After about 6 months of using Navigate in the 22 I noticed this issue. This may be completely wrong, but I thought that perhaps the Navigate caused the blockage. Kegel oils are great products, but I never had a problem in the 22 until I used Navigate. It ispossible that the blockage would have happened regardless, but I know the solids settle in Kegel oils as they ask you to shake the bottle before filling your lane machine. I use Kegel oils because they are consistent in their batches and are leaders in the lane conditioner business. Anyone else have a similar issue?

OnlyAnOwner
                Wood Lanes
                ION B
                Infinity Oil

Comment

The problem with the Kegel oils is that they fall apart and form a depot in the bottom of the bottle. You can see this as a yellowish substance at the bottom of the bottle. That is why they ask you to shake well before use. It is difficult to shake your A22 before use and this depot will form in your tubing and will eventually clog up your machine and the injectors. I know many users of Kegelproducts, but none with A22s. The build up of depod also appears in the filters of your ION too, and you will have to clean these from time to time. Brunswick conditioners do not form depot, so will not clogg up your A22 and ION. You can try to open the injectors monthly using the flat 100 units pattern, or switch back to Brunswick conditioners.

Comment

I like to know what the cause was? Jeff I'd call you but I can't hear on the phone, I text everyone

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X