Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumper problems

We are having an issue getting communication to the bumper motor on an odd lane from the control board. We switched boards with a working one and are still having issues.

Your post is a little vague so we will need some more information in order to help you.

First off, what bumper system are you using.
    Second; how do you control the bumpers? ie through scoring, a separate controller or individually.

Since you said it was the odd lane, can we assume each control board controls a pair of lanes. If so, then if the even lane is functioning correctly, your issue may not be a communication issue but rather a control issue. And by that I consider communication issues to be between the scoring or other controller to the control board telling it what to do while a control issue would be the control board not sending the power to the motor etc.

Are there any indicator lights on the control board to tell if the communications is happening and also maybe one that lights up when the bumpers are sent power?

Some systems use a daisy chain communication so is the lane in question in the middle of the bumper set or at the end. A bad wire going to the end pair would kill communications to just that pair while a broken wire to a middle pair would kill lanes after the affected pair. So if you have communications beyond the lane in question, is less likely to be a wire or communications error.

Just kind of shooting in the dark here until we know what you have.

Comment

sorry had the wife type it up for me last night while i was working.
      we have pinball wizard, the bumpers are controlled through vector plus scoring, I can get the lights to change by raising the bumpers manually by hand. they are daisy chained from pair to pair and the following lanes after work fine.

Comment

It sounds like you have a control issue more than a communications issue. On the control board, swap out the connectors for the left and right lanes, ie plug the left lane motor into the right lane connection and the right lane motor into the left lane motor. You may also have to swap the emergency up switch wires if you are using them. Then try to run it. Note though, that the even lane control will run the odd lane bumper and the odd lane control will run the even lane bumper. If the even lane still operates (but from the odd lane controls) but the odd lane still refuses to operate (from the even lane controls) then you have a motor or motor wiring issue.

Edit:

Sorry: after I posted this I think I remember the two motors being wired differently. Before swapping the connectors, check to see if they are wired the same. If not, don't swap the connectors but check your voltages with a meter instead. I apologize for any confusion but I was going by memory and memory sometimes ....; ah hell I forgot what I was going to say.

Comment

I don't know which version of Pinball Wizard we're talking about here, but if it's v2, then I believe the two motors are indeed wired the same.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Preventative Maintenance - Vector HD Problem

Tried to help a friend out at my old center with an electrical problem. 24 Brunswick Jetbacks, Serial 3000, no TDM with Vector HD Scoring which I know nothing about other than...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...
          Working...
          X