Collapse

TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't mean the rivets. I meant the thickness of the metal of the H bracket under the bumper rail making contact with the thick activator arm preventing the auto upright assembly from lying flat.
    9th Amendment!

Comment

The H bracket was designed to reinforce the bumper where the air cylinder is, so that is as flat as the bumpers are made to be. Is there something unusual about your install that makes the bumpers interfere with your lane machine?

I have added 1/4 X 1/2 or 1/4 X 3/4 bolts to other supports on some bumpers to raise them so they don't go over center in the down position and make them harder to raise.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.badwrench View Post
        Is there something unusual about your install...?
        Probably, LOL!

Anyway, this is what I mean.
        not flat.jpg​​
        hits here.jpg
        9th Amendment!

Comment

That looks normal to me. When bumpers are down, do the edges of the bumpers keep the angle of the gutter, are they higher so there is a gap, are they lower so the bottom of the bumper on the gutter side goes below the edge of the gutter?

Comment

So, after thinking about your question, I decided to download and read the Durabowl bumper install manual. The manual calls for the mounting surface to be 2 3/4" from the top of the lane surface....mine is 2 1/2".

So I guess I lose a quarter inch of play in the height. And the distance between the bumper assy. and the lane is greater than the 1/8" the manual states.

[Thanks install crew! ]
            9th Amendment!

Comment

Originally posted by mr.badwrench View Post
              I have added 1/4 X 1/2 or 1/4 X 3/4 bolts to other supports on some bumpers to raise them so they don't go over center in the down position and make them harder to raise.
              I have done this too! It started when I had a rail that was very difficult to raise and I discovered about halfway downlane the angle base was badly bent as if a ball was lofted that far and landed on top of the rail. The depression in the angle base was allowing the nearby bracket to angle downwards when the bumpers were down, basically locking them. I didn't have time to tear apart that section to try to bend things back to normal. The fix works great and I have used the same solution a few times elsewhere.
              Don't let those quick fixes become permanent ones; the job is not done until it is done right.

Comment

The one nice thing with Durabowl bumpers is they can be repaired (and tweaked) somewhat easily.

You can eliminate the problem with H-brackets sticking in the support legs by spreading he legs slightly apart when they are installed .A pair of small Channellock pliers works well in in this case. It doesn't take much and does not affect their operation at all.

The 10 foot common sections can be pieced together from a combination of broken pieces in quarter, half and 3/4 sections. I used to take all of my broken pieces and salvage them into 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4 sections and then make full 10 foot sections out of the pieces. You just need to carefully measure where the cuts should be made. Then I made a drill guide from one of the couplers by drilling out two of the threads on either end of the coupler. Mounting a short piece in the other end to use as a stop guide. This way I could predrill the holes on the ends of my salvaged pieces and have them ready to go ahead of time.

I'm sorry I don't have any picture to illustrate this as my current center has Pinball Wizard bumpers and they're not quite the same. Although I have thought of coming up with a system to repair those as easily.

If you have the LED strips in clear bumpers..... My advice is to get rid of them.

Only way I could even come up with a quick fix for a torn strip was to use common staples in a stapler as a splice between the breaks in the copper foil traces. and it didn't always work.

-- Larry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
                I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
                Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
                Working...
                X