Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• q-bumps

Hey I have a question. I know it should go into the Scoring topic, but I thought I would start here.

We are installing q-bumps in a few weeks and we are trying to get the place ready for them.

One of the things that Quibica is saying is that we need a 5hp 60 gallon air compressor. We only have ten lanes and most of our linage is for league play.

I am sure that we need the 5hp but can we get by with a smaller tank?

Thanks for the help.

Pat

Re: q-bumps

Pat....I would follow their recommendations.

The bumpers go up and own with kids and adults bowling together.

You will need plenty of air.

Jerry

Comment

Overkill.

Pat, we run a 6.5 HP 60 galllon tank for a 32 lane center. PLENTY

Use your own judgement, just make sure you can store a decent ammount of volume and you'll be fine.

Do yourself a favor and run a valve for each pair for maintenance purposes.

Mike
      Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

do yourself a favor, get the 60 gallon. as jerry said the bumpers will go up and down as needed for each individual, so more air is needed. if you are able to interface the bumpers with your scoring. you didn't mention what system you have. but mike is also right. put a valve at each pair so that you can hook up an air hose to the main line so you can blow out your machines. if you can put the compressor outside or in a room other than your shop, i would do so. the noise from the compressor will drive you nuts and it always kicks on when you're on the phone.

alex
        Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
        Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
        Cloth: ShamWow!
        Machine: Johnny 5
        Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Is an extra buffer tank(or more) not a cheap solution. I use an old tank from an old broken compressor as a buffer, works great!

Gearloose
          So it goes.

Comment

We have a 3.5 HP compressor with a 25 gallon
            tank running 10 lanes of the 1st generation
            Qubica bumpers, but our scoring does not interface with it.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X