Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaner in oil tank. Kegel Kustodian Plus

Guys I goofed up pretty hard tonight. I was checking my fluid output volumes. After checking my cleaner output, I absent-mindedly dumped the contents of the flask of cleaner into the oil tank instead of the cleaner tank (about 20mL worth). The machine was powered on while I did this, so I know it got into the pump. I'm just going to list everything I've done so far.

I immediately powered off the machine, disconnected all of the hoses from the tank and removed the tank. I then powered it back on to flush the lines, turning it off again as soon as air was coming through the return hose. I emptied the tank into a bucket and rinsed and flushed the tank as well as I could. I put the tank back on and filled with oil. I decided to run some volume output tests with the oil tip pointed into a bucket to try to get all of the cleaner out of the lines. So far I have gone through about a tank and a half of oil and it still isn't working correctly.

1) It won't maintain pressure. It'll be around 17 psi, which is about where it normally sits. As soon as I started to run a volume test, it'll dwindle to about 10. As soon as it stops, it'll creep back up to around 17.
    2) I'm getting about 1/2 to 2/3 the volume I should be getting
    3) There are a lot of air bubbles coming from the oil tank going into the oil pump. Not sure what's causing that.

None of these problems were happening before the debacle tonight, so I'm sure it has something to do with how I tried to fix things after my mishap.

I'm going to call Kegel tech support tomorrow to get this sorted out, but if one of you can point out something I'm missing here, I would sure appreciate it.

Filter is plugged, Take tank out. Run lots of HOT water through it, then blow it out with air compressor to dry it. Put it back and refill oil, should be fine

Comment

Check all tubing connections sounds like one could be sucking air, they need to seat into the connectors to avoid this
      Television is called a medium because it is neither rare or well done.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I ended up not having one of my oil hoses entirely snug in the fitting. Snug enough to not leak oil, but loose enough to suck air through.

Comment

Haha, had a guy a few years ago who did the same thing...filled the conditioner tank with cleaner...lanes were stripped & bone dry. League bowlers that night weren't happy.
          I syphoned the conditioner tank empty then ran our lane machine several times back & forth, then all was right with the world, lol.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
          Working...
          X