Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHOENIX HEL P!!!!

Ok Guys... a new one on me. Very suddenly my machine (phoenix 8 pad) gives the error "lino did not wind". Yet when I go through the IO the motors and switches seem to test good. Also when I go to the lino menu and hit the down arrow it unwinds as it should and when I hit the up arrow it winds like it should.

Any thoughts?

Re: PHOENIX HEL P!!!!

First i would check and make sure it's not binding anywhere.
    did anyone reset the number of lanes on the roll thats in there?
    Make sure the ends are tight on the wind and unwind motor shafts.
    Steve H

Comment

Perhaps a dodgy micro switch to blame?

It seems strange if the motor IS working in test then it may be electrical issue. I thought it was up to unwind, and down to wind up? Probably just my machine mind you! Ha.
      Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Thanks Steve... I have checked and actually we were about half way through the roll. I cut the roll and reloaded it. Things are smooth and tight.

Comment

Alastair... I am guessing something weird electical. Possibly a switch but when I operate them with my finger they feel "normal" and make a positve click with good spring action.
          It is the suddenness of it that has me a little baffled.

Comment

Sometimes when I get that error message all I do is increase the unwind time by one, this helps somewhat.

Does it happen every lane? I take it the machine stops in the pindeck after reversing?
            It may just be that the motor may be on the way out.

Comment

When you unwind the cloth through the test outputs make sure input010 is not on. If it is then make sure the cushion roller is dropping all the way. If that is ok just make sure that both of the switches aren't sticking and causing this problem. If all of this is ok double check the unwind time and make sure that it's correct for what you have lest on the roll.
              Hope this helps

Comment

Alastair..... it happens on every lane. The machine makes it out of the pit about 15 feet and stops. Hitting the button on the handle allows the machine to finish the pass.

I can hear the wind motors working on an oil only pass. But on the reverse of an oil only it stops three times. Really bizzare.

JohnT thanks for the tip about 010. I am not 100% sure that it is off when I test.

Comment

Time to start changing things out. Put on a spare motor if you have one, if that fails then change out the switches. Does sound like the motor though?
                  Double check the reel, just incase it is split at the edge and it not winding up, may need a new uptake reel?

It can only be one of a few things, which is good news!

Comment

The reel could very well be the problem. If you suspect a bad cloth motor you can swap them they are the same. If I remember correctly there is a small plastic gear that will strip the teeth if the duster cloth is wound up to tight. On the first phoenix that we had I went thru 7 of these in less than 2 months before Phil from bowling supply installed some new softwase. When this happened I put the bad motor on the unwind side and the good one on the takeup side. I would have to unwind by hand until the roller touched the lane put a clamp on the duster roller to keep from unrolling further and then run lane. Had to do each lane like this.
                    For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Have you tried a new roll of duster cloth yet. Its been a few years since i've had a phoenix, but i do remember having duster issues. Like things coming loose or replacing the windup motor.
                      Steve H

Comment

Also make sure the cloth is on straight, if it's not it could give an error like what you are getting.
                        For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Is the PVC cloth take up pipe cracked? Causing the cloth to slip down.
                          A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
                          - Albert Einstein

Comment

Check for, Bad fitting on the end of the carboard reel, cracked or broken take up reel, loose or spinning hubs on the wind/unwind motors, see if you can turn the unwid motor by hand, meaning grab the clean roll and see if you can unroll it.

Also disconnect input #5 from the PLC (#5 is for your duster down switches). Try swapping the windup with the unwind motor (they're the same). John T is correct about watching the Input #10 LED (#10 is the duster up switches.
                            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                            Cloth: ShamWow!
                            Machine: Johnny 5
                            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Originally posted by BurghBowler
                              Ok Guys... a new one on me. Very suddenly my machine (phoenix 8 pad) gives the error "lino did not wind".

Any thoughts?
                              Did not wind what? Up or Un? This makes a difference on what you should be looking for.

Dennis

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse