Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cable for kosi

my Win Vista laptop took a poop a few weeks ago. got a Win 7 laptop now (64-bit). heard the cable that i was able to use on my Vista machine will NOT work for my Win 7 laptop. is that true? if so, where could i get one that will work for a 64-bit Win 7 that the K+ will recognize? Thanks in advance.
    [email protected] | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

http://www.kegel.net/support/fodownloads.asp#8

download the "Parts & Products 2011-2012" pdf and go to page 14. at the bottom is the list of cords.
    as to whether or not they will work with 64bit I don't know but if you reference the numbers on a free call to kegel they can probably tell you quick.
    When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

$125 they want for that cord.. geez!! anybody got a spare they want to part with?
      [email protected] | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

To order the complete cable assembly you would need to order the 154-8771B which will work with the 64 bit system and it will come with everything you need. If you have a serial port on this laptop for communication you can just order the serial to serial cable (154-8724) which is $85 retail. If you do need the USB adapter here's a link to purchase it on line and it will save you some money. Hope this helps

http://www.usbgear.com/
        Last edited by JohnT; 01-25-2012, 05:57 PM.

Comment

my friend, you need save time and kegel have it.we try buy one local and spend money,time and finally we buy one in kegel, it work very well and give support online if you need.
          jesus

Comment

I still use my cable on my windows 7 64 bit laptop....
            But I do use serial to usb adapter
            DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

We currently have a cable to support a 32bit OS...however we now have a new windows 7 64bit OS computer...and the cable we have does not work. Is there anyway around not buying the $125 one from kegel???

Comment

The cheapest way would be to install the 32 bit version of win 7.If you have the install disks there should be both versions.
                I got tired of certain devices not running on 64 bit,went back to 32 bit,now no problems.

Comment

We also use our old cable with a usb adatpter. Every so often have to restart Kosi, but better than spending $125!

Comment

You could do what I did and check out Ebay. Got my cable for right around $40. Works great!

Here is a link to a list of the cables available on Ebay. I'll let you decide if you want one from the U.S. or China.
                    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fln=...1&LH_PrefLoc=2
                    You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

john you can get a usb to serial adapter at computer deli here in bloomington. Give me a shout if ya need help.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse