Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Tip leaking

The K+ cleaner tip is leaking really bad on the lanes really bad in reverse and on the approaches
    and I have changed the tip several times and it will work ok for a day and then it will start all
    over again.The cleaner volume is around 30 and the cleaner is Defense C mixed 8-1.The tube was
    changed about 3 months ago.Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ron

I had a machine do that once that had me stumped for a while, it was dripping around the same board on every lane.
    It turned out to be the position of the middle locking bar that holds the pipe in place.
    The pipe was just short enough that as it got towards the end of travel the bar acted like a pippet and squeezed the tube very slightly, forcing out a drip.
    Moved the mount 1" back to release a little extra pipe and it fixed the problem.
    Technical Manager
    Bowltech UK Ltd

www.facebook.com/ross.gibson

Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm,

Comment

Perhaps the plastic insert that the tip screws into could be cracked.
      Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
      Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
      Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by sportlanes View Post
        The K+ cleaner tip is leaking really bad on the lanes really bad in reverse and on the approaches
        and I have changed the tip several times and it will work ok for a day and then it will start all
        over again.The cleaner volume is around 30 and the cleaner is Defense C mixed 8-1.The tube was
        changed about 3 months ago.Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ron
        On some K+ machines the cleaner volume setting is 12-15ml

Consult the manual and/or Kegel @ 800-280-2695

Comment

I have had this machine for over 4 years and the volume has always been around 30.I have talked to Kegel once
          and have done what Kanga suggested and will let you know if that solves the problem and I have lowered the
          volume to about 28.Thanks Ron.

Comment

Do you have the 24VDC or the 120VAC cleaner pump motor?
            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
            Cloth: ShamWow!
            Machine: Johnny 5
            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

The machine started leaking again and Alex the motor is 120vac.

Ron

Comment

it could be a couple of things. Is the cleaner pump running in reverse when it gets to the end of the lane??? Do u have filter on the cleaner line near the the tank??? if so it could be dirty and not allowing the line to release the fluid when the pump runs backwards. Just a thought......

Comment

The pump is running in the right direction and the filter is clean.When I take the tip off and clean out it will work fine
                  for about two days and then starts to leak again.

Ron

Comment

The machine started leaking again and Alex the motor is 120vac.
                    That's your problem. The 120VAC set up is plagued with issues. Although it's pricey I would suggest upgrading to the 24VDC pump motor.
                    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

I was told by Kegel that they knew about the problem after the machine had been on the market for a while and the
                      price was around 900.00 dollars.I was also told that was not a bad price considering the price of the machine.I wanted to ask does that include a jar of vasolene but I just bit my lip.

Ron

Comment

I like Kegel, but they try to always reinvent the wheel. Thus causing r and d for us to figure out. They won't admit wrong just create a fix at a cost. I don't have it, but rev. buff drop upgrade was a fix for the brush that was'nt that great.

Comment

I wanted to ask does that include a jar of vasolene but I just bit my lip.

Ron
                          You never want to use Vaseline, it's a petroleum product. You would want to used a water-based lubricant, such as KY

Comment

I got my new pump today and I just got through reading the instructions and they are a little hard to figure out.Is there a video
                            on this install or has anyone done this themselves with success.

Thanks Ron

Comment

Ron, yes i have done a few, check your PM. Ex-Mech
                              The 45/70 Goverment is the only Goverment I trust

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse