Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVO summit drive motor

HVO Summit has lost drive motor. I am getting 17dc volts on the terminal strip under the speed control box when i run the test function. Fuse is good. Am I missing something on how to test dc voltage? The voltage does go up to the 17 volts when i hit the test. J3 harness is seated solid in the side of the control box.
    Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

17 volts is most likely correct. The test function only gives you 20%power, you can manually increase voltage by pressing "next" 100 "next" again and you should be at 90volts or less.

Best thing to do is take your brushes out and check them. If they are covered in "carbon paste" then the motor needs to be disassembled and cleaned, if the brushes are just worn then replace.

Common for 1 brush to be more worn than the other with that machine, so if you take only the easy one out and it looks good then you still need to check the second one.

Comment

ok thanks i will have to check the brushes
      Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

If I may add, please make sure to clean the commutator.
        Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

whats the commutator?

Comment

Rotor, they make a special stick, stone like material to gently shine the brass/copper. Real fine sandpaper will get rid of the black crud too. I would take the motor to a rebuilder shop. The one I went to did starters, alternators, and diesel injector pumps. Replaced seals and brushes, cleaned everything $150.00 instead of $900.00 for new. I should add that mine are Kegel-Dayton and Baldore motors but I assume that they are all gear motors .
            Last edited by rivmike; 01-28-2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Sounds like Bill has it, also check the program box and see if the drive relay is working properly.
              IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

I believe the relay is working because when checking the voltage it does change when I test it.

Comment

If you need one i have one

Comment

I believe i have 2

Comment

It was a brush. the spring broke and the brush was not making clean enough contact.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse