Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of cleaner

I guess I have too many irons in the fire didnt check my oiling and cleaner supplies any no told me they opened the last case of cleaner now Im out until Tuesday. I chose to use Dawn dish soap today any other suggestions until then.
    Awall

Yrs. ago when we started stripping every day we used Joy dishsoap. The problem was the surfactents (sheeting agents) would leave a film and oil would really carry down easy. The newer cleaners seem to evaporate fast . If it were me I would find a tile floor cleaner and add rubbing alcohol. This gives you some soap and evaporation. (just a shot in the dark!) Any way to borrow from anyone?

Comment

Only lanes in town. No where to go that wouldnt envolve traveling 50 miles.
      Awall

Comment

Originally posted by Allen Waltman View Post
        Only lanes in town. No where to go that wouldnt envolve traveling 50 miles.
        bummer! What do you use for general mach. cleaning? After this hide a jug in your favorite hidding spot!

Comment

i,ve used simple green in a pinch but not sure what the ratio was.

Comment

We have used simple green too. It will work for you until you get cleaner.
            A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
            - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
              bummer! What do you use for general mach. cleaning? After this hide a jug in your favorite hidding spot!
              I agree!! I got into the habit of keeping a container or two in reserve of cleaner and lane oil after waiting until the last minute to order and then finding the supply house had the item on backorder. it's better to be safe than sorry.

Adding alcohol to a solution of cleaner and water will make the solution dry faster and clean better. 6 to 16 oz. in a gallon of solution should work.

Comment

Whomever forgot to mention they used the last of the cleaner would have stayed behind and stripped them by hand tonight with a good rinse, when you came in tomorrow all you would have to do was oil.
                Drill

David Bolt
                Champaign, IL
                USBC Silver Coach
                IBPSIA BOD
                IBPSIA Advanced
                Technical Certified
                Pro Shops

Comment

Didnt have time to post anything yesterday but when I got to work guess WHAT I FOUND!!!! There was case of cleaner right where I told my co worker to look. I also want too say That there was no Adverse effects from the DAWN either. I wouldnt recommend it as a long term cleaner but it didnt appear to leave any extra residue in the back ends that they did that nite. I think Dawn used to advertise Kills the grease and the streaks or something like that. And by the way I stuck one the jugs aside for emerencies in the future and then ordered more to replense the suppies.
                  Awall

Comment

Originally posted by Allen Waltman View Post
                    Didnt have time to post anything yesterday but when I got to work guess WHAT I FOUND!!!! There was case of cleaner right where I told my co worker to look.

Now you should make him clean the lane with a tooth brush
                    Nick

Comment

^ - haha

Comment

I always kept 5 gallons for backup. to many time i order cleaner when i start to use the last container only to find out its on back order. When i use the last of the stock my backup becomes my stock and i place a order to replace my backup. this includes oil.
                        amf 82-70
                        B2000
                        quibca

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse