Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense-S oil

Mixing cleaner at recomended 5 caps of cx4S to 2.5 gal, oil pattern has about 25ml . 22' guardian and wood backends , we still get smear haze on the backend after cleaning, using Kustudian Walker. all adj. seem in order, new blades and resealed. I'm thinking about going back to try Defense C 4-1 or should I get rid of the Defense Oil. seems like the longer it sets on the lane the harder it is to get off, leaving us with incosistant lane conditions. Any advice ? Thanks

We used Defense S (19-20ml) on a total wood lane and cleaned it with Defense C mixed 4:1 with good results. Every couple of weeks on a non critical league day we would use Oxy Shock (16:1) for that day only and it seemed to keep the breakpoint consistent. We would let the cleaner tank run low and only put enough of the "other cleaner" solution to do the lanes for that day. We got this idea from seasoned resurfacer after questioning him as to what makes the breakpoint become inconsistent and seem to "float up and down the lane".
    We used Defense S because of the deterioted surface of the wood and needed a conditioner that would stay on top longer. After consulting with Kegel we switched from Prodigy to Defense S.
    When CX4S first came out we tried it for several months but felt like there became a residue that was filmy causing the backs to react soft. I'm not saying that's bad because some guys use that to their advantage as that's a calculated part of their overall pattern, and if works for them, then it's right for them. Our pattern depends on strong backs and the scores go down when they get soft.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverSeenThat View Post
      We used Defense S (19-20ml) on a total wood lane and cleaned it with Defense C mixed 4:1 with good results. Every couple of weeks on a non critical league day we would use Oxy Shock (16:1) for that day only and it seemed to keep the breakpoint consistent. We would let the cleaner tank run low and only put enough of the "other cleaner" solution to do the lanes for that day. We got this idea from seasoned resurfacer after questioning him as to what makes the breakpoint become inconsistent and seem to "float up and down the lane".
      We used Defense S because of the deterioted surface of the wood and needed a conditioner that would stay on top longer. After consulting with Kegel we switched from Prodigy to Defense S.
      When CX4S first came out we tried it for several months but felt like there became a residue that was filmy causing the backs to react soft. I'm not saying that's bad because some guys use that to their advantage as that's a calculated part of their overall pattern, and if works for them, then it's right for them. Our pattern depends on strong backs and the scores go down when they get soft.
      Thanks for the replie, after testing yesterday, I ordered a new cushion roller, for duster cloth, also changed cleaner pump tubing inside the pump and re calibrated to 30ml. still wasn't cleaning the midlane with defense C 4-1 but it was alot better than CX-4S I'm hoping the new cushion roller will do a better job of scrubing the lane. backends are alot better now.

Comment

You're welcome, glad to help or at least help spur some thoughts.

Comment

Defense S is hard to clean.....try Infinty

Comment

Any oil will be harder to clean the longer it sits on the lane. The chemicals added to the oil help the oil bond to the lane surface. The longer it sits there, the more it bonds.
            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
            Cloth: ShamWow!
            Machine: Johnny 5
            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

King is correct.

Ron

Comment

Had problem with soft backends with 3 caps CX4S to 2.5 gal water left film. Reduced to 1.5 caps to 2.5 gal and backends stronger. This is with Infinity oil.

Comment

Originally posted by 8270tom View Post
                  Had problem with soft backends with 3 caps CX4S to 2.5 gal water left film. Reduced to 1.5 caps to 2.5 gal and backends stronger. This is with Infinity oil.
                  This is not normal to have strong backends with this weak of a cleaning solution

Comment

Originally posted by 8270tom View Post
                    You may experience stronger backs initially but that will probably change in the very near future and go the other way.

We add 12-16 oz of 99% alcohol to the cleaner tank when we notice a reduction of the power the balls have when they hit the pins.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse