Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprayer tips

How often do you guys replace your sprayer tips?
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Yearly.........

Comment

Cleaner tip? not until they have a problem with leaking due to cracking, or just becoming weak.

(not sure what poster is refering to, I am refering to the purple plastic check valve on the end of the cleaner tip of my Kustodian Ion)
      Last edited by Mechanick; 02-28-2012, 09:37 PM.
      Nick

Comment

over time the metal will wear but this will take yrs. ( mine 6-8 yrs.)

Comment

Yes I am referring to the metal spray tips for the cleaner sprayers. I recently had a problem with it not stripping the outside 1 and 1/2 boards on the right side. I felt the cleaning pad and the outside of it on the RH side was dry. I made two adjustments to the outside sprayer and it didn't seem to make a difference. Then all by itself the machine was now spraying in the gutter. I then put the sprayer back to the original adjustment and it has been fine ever since. I was thinking there could have been a piece of crusty something in the sprayer tip and it cleaned itself in time. Does this make sense or has anyone experienced this? My sprayers are the original ones on the machine (aprox.12 years).
          (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

The dry cloth on the outsides is due to a worn cushion roller.
            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
            Cloth: ShamWow!
            Machine: Johnny 5
            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye View Post
              Yes I am referring to the metal spray tips for the cleaner sprayers. I recently had a problem with it not stripping the outside 1 and 1/2 boards on the right side. I felt the cleaning pad and the outside of it on the RH side was dry. I made two adjustments to the outside sprayer and it didn't seem to make a difference. Then all by itself the machine was now spraying in the gutter. I then put the sprayer back to the original adjustment and it has been fine ever since. I was thinking there could have been a piece of crusty something in the sprayer tip and it cleaned itself in time. Does this make sense or has anyone experienced this? My sprayers are the original ones on the machine (aprox.12 years).
              Have had that happen when the rubber ball inside the red valve would become stuck. It would sporadically fail to clean the outside boards on one half of the lane. Once the suspect valve was replaced, the problem stopped.
              Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
              Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
              Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by shamefowjze View Post
                The dry cloth on the outsides is due to a worn cushion roller.
                not a worn cushion . It was brand new in september. Something was causing the spray jet to be misdirected. Could one of the red valves going bad cause this? I had one just fall apart when I was rinsing them out.

Comment

I didn't see where you stated that it was a new cushion roller. Kanga is right a stuck check valve will definitely cause this. An air leak/bad fitting can as well. Try moving the check valves to different positions and see if the problem moves. Otherwise try the rag trick to see the spray pattern.
                  Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                  Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                  Cloth: ShamWow!
                  Machine: Johnny 5
                  Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Well it fixed itself anyway. Maybe it was the check valve that I thru away cause it fell apart.

Comment

You can buy new ones cheap at ag stores....they may be colored at the store...but they work

8003 in the middle
                      1501 on the outside

Comment

Thanks King!

Comment

I think I figured out the problem. The hose coming from the pump goes to the first sprayer on the left and goes in series to the next and so on till it gets to the last one on the right. That one gets whatever pressure is left over from the pump. The check valve in the pump was going bad and causing pressure to come and go. When the pressure was low the right sprayer was lacking so it was missing the outside board and a half. I changed the check valve and I rerouted the hose configuration. The hose coming from the pump now comes to a tee between the two center spray jets and each then feeds to the subsequent outside jet. Seems to be working now but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye View Post
                            I think I figured out the problem. The hose coming from the pump goes to the first sprayer on the left and goes in series to the next and so on till it gets to the last one on the right. That one gets whatever pressure is left over from the pump. I rerouted the hose configuration. The hose coming from the pump now comes to a tee between the two center spray jets and each then feeds to the subsequent outside jet. Seems to be working now but time will tell.
                            Good move!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse