Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP SOON: newl kustodian ion model B charger

Does anybody have the manufacturer specs/ info for the newer kustodian ion chargers? kegel p/n 158-8470?

your help would be greatly appreciated....I am trying to see if I can find it from another supplier. The manufacturer info might be hiding under a kegel sticker. If you venture to peel it back and help me out....you will not only be helping me out, but possibly others and yourself in the future.

I am NOT looking for the info on this charger: It is an Iota dls-27-40

dls2740_10.jpg

Im not sure what their newer charger of choice looks like, but i think it will be different from the one above and it will not have the IQ smart controller on it....it has its own built in smart charge function. It is mounted in the lane machine.

thanks in advance.
    Nick

I have till tommorrow to get a charger....does anybody have the newer charger in their ion model b????
    Nick

Comment

I have a newer charger. This thing is fantastic. It does not mount inside the machine though...I will look at the info on the charger to let those that are interested know what it is.
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

OK...the maker of the charger I am using is On Board Solutions. Model is 2420C. Fantastic product. Takes no time to charge the batteries and the batteries are lasting longer than expected.
        Main Event Entertainment

Comment

If you are having charging issues:
          1. Separate the batteries electrically by taking the one bale off and one fuse out
          2. Trickle charge for about 2 hours with a 12vdc car charger
          3. Keep taking the car charger off and check the voltage in the battery
          4. Do not overcharge.....disconnect when 12.5 volts I believe

Remember...if the internal charger goes out...you cannot use the power cord....so you need to charge with the battery charger

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
            OK...the maker of the charger I am using is On Board Solutions. Model is 2420C. Fantastic product. Takes no time to charge the batteries and the batteries are lasting longer than expected.
            Thank you for the info steve!

Will it not fit properly in the lane machine? I can see that it does not have the same mounting holes. If its a matter of just not mounting the same I would venture to possibly drill new holes in the plate and mount it so that you still have the capability of using the cord to do the lanes in an emergency. You would have to put on a molex connector for the input and the red output connector it comes with should hook up to the blue connector inside the lane machine that goes to the batteries. Or do you know of another reason it can't be mounted in the machine? waterproof does seem like a good idea i must say!

ProTech2420CRev.jpg
            I already picked up an iota charger and now want to see it the place i got it from can exchange it for this unit if they can get it. If not I will see if I can find this one locally and return the iota charger

Does this one charge the batteries faster than the iota charger? This one is a 20 amp charger versus a 40 amp charger (iota), so i would think that the iota charger would charge faster? when i showed the guy at the place I picked up the charger from the specs for the odessey pc925 batteries, he asked me several times if I was sure that this was the right charger for those batteries.....he was pretty much implying that a 40 amp charger is way too powerful for these batteries and would decrease the life of the batteries. I figure that the reason for this is so that you are able to run the lane machine with the cord....so while it is plugged in it is charging the batteries fast enough to be able to dress the lanes (the batteries would need to be charged at a quicker rate than they are being depleted i guess) Because it is a 20 amp charger, I guess this may be a reason why it is not mounted inside the machine. Maybe it does not charge the battery fast enough to be able to use the lane machine while it is plugged in.
            Last edited by Mechanick; 03-16-2012, 01:03 AM.
            Nick

Comment

We are using the NEW style charger for the production model B Ion along with ALL battery machines. This charger has replaced the Iota charger 100% and you can still run the machine with the power cord if needed with the machines that have this capability.

Comment

woohooo....I got my answer! thanks everyone for their help!
                Nick

Comment

MINE does not mount in the machine. I have a model D. The charger was never mounted in the machine. I have toyed with the idea of doing just that but at this point I have found no reason to do so. Could the charger provide enough current to power the machine? I am not sure. I have a backup battery pack that hangs on the front side of the machine in case the internal batteries go dead. Has been great since going to the new charger.

Sorry about the misunderstanding about the mounting of the charger...
                  Main Event Entertainment

Comment

MINE does not mount in the machine. I have a model D. The charger was never mounted in the machine. I have toyed with the idea of doing just that but at this point I have found no reason to do so.
                    John has confirmed that I can mount it inside my machine and oil the lanes with the cord in the event that the batteries die. You could do this with the protech charger:

The only benefit to this is that you wouldn't have to buy the backup batteries and maintain them. you already have the backup batteries, but i guess it may be something to consider after they die.
                    Nick

Comment

Sweet!
                      Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                      Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                      Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

So this is what I ended up with. I got the On Board Solutions 2420C charger. To get it to fit between the plate and the PLC, I had to go get a 90 degree angle ac cord. I also had to dissassmeble the locking dc output connetor that the unit came with. It was a molex connector with an outer housing. I removed the outter housing and hooked the inner connectors directly to the charger. This helped gain some clearance to make it fit also. Then I took the wires and connector from the iota charger and spliced them to the output wire assembly that came with the unit. Cut the ac connector and put a molex connector on it. drilled the plate from the lane machine, mounted it, made the input and output connections and it was good to go.

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg
                        Nick

Comment

That is a nice charger.

You should have just mounted it on the wall and done the wiring changes to not mount it in the machine

Then it is not subject to the vibration and abuse.....could be a summer project

Comment

MINE does not mount in the machine. I have a model D. The charger was never mounted in the machine. I have toyed with the idea of doing just that but at this point I have found no reason to do so. Could the charger provide enough current to power the machine? I am not sure. I have a backup battery pack that hangs on the front side of the machine in case the internal batteries go dead. Has been great since going to the new charger.

Sorry about the misunderstanding about the mounting of the charger...
                            It is better outside the machine...no abuse and vibrations to ruin the internal components

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                              It is better outside the machine...no abuse and vibrations to ruin the internal components
                              I guess it would be better for the charger to be mounted outside the machine, not only for the vibration but also for better ventelation of the electronics while it is charging. The advantage to mounting it in the machine is so that in the event that the batteries die, you can plug it in and run off the cord....but mounting it to a bracket that can hang off the lane machine like in the video previously linked would solve that problem. I guess the only concern with doing that is whether somebody might accidentally drop it while handleing it.
                              Nick

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse