Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filling a phoenix pad machine

When you are filling the lane machine with oil, how do you know when the oil tank is full?
    Nick

If I remember right, you have an overflow tube that has a plug in it, when it shows oil coming into it, its full.
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Oil level is very critical in relation to the amount of oil that flows through the pads. The more oil in the tank, the more oil is able to wick thru the pads. Keeping the same amount of oil in the tank each day will give a more consistent application day to day.

Comment

both answers are 100%

When I started using a higher viscosity oil (Prodigy). I was having wicking issues and the proper oil level did not allow enough recovery time for the wicks. I drained my tank, filled it with 2500 mL (if I recall correctly), marked the oil level on the fill tubing, then filled to that level each day.
        Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
        Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
        Cloth: ShamWow!
        Machine: Johnny 5
        Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

There should be a one way valve that lets air into the tank to prevent an air lock. Make sure it is functioning properly also.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverSeenThat View Post
            There should be a one way valve that lets air into the tank to prevent an air lock. Make sure it is functioning properly also.
            Not on a pad machine, unless it's a model C
            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
            Cloth: ShamWow!
            Machine: Johnny 5
            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Do this in the upright position.... The oil tube that has the stopper in it, take out the stopper, resess the tube in your hand so you can blow into it without getting it on your lips or mouth, then blow into it to clear it out. Then fill it from the short tube on the top. Keep an eye on the tube that you blew clear, when you see oil running back into it, you're full. Replace the stopper and you are done.
              Charley
              82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
              2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

Not to forget, to lay the machine down after filling the tank and leave it for 10-15 min before starting lane maintenance, so the oil can find its way up through the wicks, if you have more then 12-14 lanes you might consider to do the above again somewhere half way. Some set the machine on seperate, so the oil has an extra minute to flow up during the cleaning run.

Comment

I always took out the middle ones and turned them upside down for a bit to speed it up. Usually just before i started in the upright position but if i ran a heavier pattern i would do it again on the lanes but u gotta be extra careful not to force oil out when you put them back in. I don't think i would necessarily advise it but if you're in a hurry and really really careful.... LOL
                  Charley
                  82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
                  2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

So what you are sayin is. laying machine down, removing the R10-15 pad, and squeezing a ketchup bottle of oil in the tank, putting the pad back in isnt recommended. . . lol.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse